Texas Fishing Forum

Calling all Frogmen

Posted By: Blindshot54

Calling all Frogmen - 03/07/18 06:24 PM

When is prime time to throw a frog? Post spawn ? Or now?
Posted By: ChanceHuiet

Re: Calling all Frogmen - 03/07/18 06:42 PM

Now
Posted By: krawlin 47

Re: Calling all Frogmen - 03/07/18 06:48 PM

NOW
Posted By: Okie Poke

Re: Calling all Frogmen - 03/07/18 06:49 PM

Butch?
Posted By: BMCD

Re: Calling all Frogmen - 03/07/18 06:56 PM

Next year.
Posted By: BayouBassCat

Re: Calling all Frogmen - 03/07/18 11:46 PM

Been smoking them the last 2 weekends on a frog in Hillebrandt bayou. 20 fish each trip on a frog. Lots of males but some have been solid 3 pound females.
Posted By: CoyAintNoGoldFish

Re: Calling all Frogmen - 03/08/18 01:51 AM

Now? What lakes are y’all fishing? Hard to catch a frog fish when the water is 50°
Posted By: ChanceHuiet

Re: Calling all Frogmen - 03/08/18 03:18 AM

Originally Posted By: CoyAintNoGoldFish
Now? What lakes are y’all fishing? Hard to catch a frog fish when the water is 50°

Houston, Livingston, Rayburn, Houston County. Have caught frog fish on all of them for the past 3 weeks. Found 68 degree water on 2 of them in the last 2 weekends.
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: Calling all Frogmen - 03/08/18 03:58 AM

There were frog fish caught in Bass Champs on Fork 2 weeks ago.
Posted By: Slade

Re: Calling all Frogmen - 03/08/18 12:49 PM

In my humble opinion, the first part of May is the best time at a lake like Fork
Posted By: KingOutdoorsCo

Re: Calling all Frogmen - 03/08/18 01:06 PM

If fish are shaow they will bite a frog. There may be better ways to catch them but the possibility is there. When fish first get up, I use baits that force them to move and react. Even if.I don't get a lot of bites, if I see them I know where they are so I can catch them.
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: Calling all Frogmen - 03/08/18 01:40 PM

The best time for me has always been from the tail end of the spawn thru June.

Of course this changes depending on whether or not you have vegetation or good cover in the water, which it sounds like we are going to have plenty with the recent rains. thumb
Posted By: Kisndismis

Re: Calling all Frogmen - 03/08/18 05:30 PM

Go them mid-day on a poppin from last week then they busted the berm on my oxbow lake so they all went into the river! Mostly solid 3lbers
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum