Texas Fishing Forum

Lake Palestine boating hazard Cades

Posted By: Jake Shannon(Skeet4Life)

Lake Palestine boating hazard Cades - 03/06/18 07:48 PM

Anyone running from power lines up toward Cades down the east bank be extra careful. buddy of mine says there are 3 floaters in the run right now. Not sure on GPS points or anything like that just be cautious if you make that run in low light. He said he couldn’t get them moved they are prob beached on that shallow flat
Posted By: lconn4

Re: Lake Palestine boating hazard Cades - 03/06/18 08:16 PM

Two kayak tournaments on Palestine this weekend, expect to have company. roflmao
Posted By: zaspook

Re: Lake Palestine boating hazard Cades - 03/07/18 01:21 AM

Originally Posted By: lconn4
Two kayak tournaments on Palestine this weekend, expect to have company. roflmao

Do you know where they are headquartered out of ?
Posted By: McLovin’

Re: Lake Palestine boating hazard Cades - 03/07/18 03:48 AM

Originally Posted By: lconn4

Hope they aren't in some of the boat runs or power lines up north because some of those are tight and it might get a little "sporty"
Fishing should be great with these next few days being dry to let the lake settle a little bit
Posted By: SkeeterRonnie

Re: Lake Palestine boating hazard Cades - 03/07/18 11:27 AM

no fish in Palestine, go to Ray Hubbard! roflmao
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: Lake Palestine boating hazard Cades - 03/07/18 01:06 PM

Trim up hammer down. If you can't see it it isn't there
Posted By: Fishingking

Re: Lake Palestine boating hazard Cades - 03/07/18 02:25 PM

Originally Posted By: SkeeterRonnie
no fish in Palestine, go to Ray Hubbard! roflmao
No fish here either
Posted By: G Rod

Re: Lake Palestine boating hazard Cades - 03/07/18 02:38 PM

The high school state championships are going out of the Villages. So between the couple hundred high school boats, a couple hundred kayaks and our 50 + boats, the lake should be fishing pretty small.
Posted By: Txduckhunter

Re: Lake Palestine boating hazard Cades - 03/07/18 03:14 PM

Originally Posted By: G Rod
The high school state championships are going out of the Villages. So between the couple hundred high school boats, a couple hundred kayaks and our 50 + boats, the lake should be fishing pretty small.

Which HS org?

Re: Lake Palestine boating hazard Cades - 03/07/18 03:42 PM

Man that's going to be a sh!t show lol
Posted By: breauxmule

Re: Lake Palestine boating hazard Cades - 03/07/18 03:47 PM

Glad were headed to Huxley for a craw fish boil, we were going to fish Palestine! Fun Fun
Posted By: Redfoxone

Re: Lake Palestine boating hazard Cades - 03/07/18 03:51 PM

I thought the HS championship was slated for Sam Rayburn in May, and no way the Villages can hold a venue that large.
Posted By: DEFMP

Re: Lake Palestine boating hazard Cades - 03/07/18 03:54 PM

http://www.highschoolfishing.org/2018-saf-tournament-schedule-registration-and-results/

Re: Lake Palestine boating hazard Cades - 03/07/18 04:00 PM

Ah, I was looking at the THSBA schedule.

http://nebula.wsimg.com/01d810a5dddeeb59...p;alloworigin=1
Posted By: Walls

Re: Lake Palestine boating hazard Cades - 03/07/18 04:07 PM

Originally Posted By: Abogue77

There’s three large HS trails around here that I’m aware of. SAF, THSBA, and SETX. And getting bigger every year. Never thought I’d say it, but am now happy to be on Lake Houston this Saturday. Hope everyone is safe there.
Posted By: Jake Shannon(Skeet4Life)

Re: Lake Palestine boating hazard Cades - 03/07/18 04:29 PM

Originally Posted By: Jaret Latta
Man that's going to be a sh!t show lol

No kidding 2 of those logs will eff someone’s day up especially running in morning

Re: Lake Palestine boating hazard Cades - 03/07/18 04:35 PM

On the serious, I live on the lake and I can tell you there is a ton of floating debris on the water right now. It's everywhere, not just up north. Just in my cove alone I've almost picked up enough lumber to build a small pier. No way I would run fast for another week or two. The water logged lumber from old boathouses is floating just under the surface, you can't see it until it's too late. With the winds shifting every 2 days it has not had time to all wash up. Everyone be smart out there.
Posted By: Kristopher Douglas.

Re: Lake Palestine boating hazard Cades - 03/07/18 04:39 PM

I call bs.

Re: Lake Palestine boating hazard Cades - 03/07/18 04:44 PM

Originally Posted By: Toadrustler
I call bs.

Ease on over to Emerald bay and see it for yourself, you'll see all the wood stacked up next to the fence by the water.
Posted By: Shallow Waters

Re: Lake Palestine boating hazard Cades - 03/07/18 05:22 PM

Plus you have to throw in the pre-fisher for next weekends high school tournament and other tournaments and the high winds kicking people out of the main lake. It should be fun this weekend with lots of spot jumping.
Posted By: Razorback

Re: Lake Palestine boating hazard Cades - 03/07/18 07:36 PM

Originally Posted By: Abogue77

I thought the HS championship was slated for Sam Rayburn in May, and no way the Villages can hold a venue that large.

There seems to be a high school tournament every week on most lakes in East Texas.

Re: Lake Palestine boating hazard Cades - 03/07/18 08:38 PM

Plus the boaters for the high schoolers aren't exactly "seasoned veterans". Some of those guys are clueless. It's only a matter of time before a serious boat accident happens.
Posted By: Ranger1

Re: Lake Palestine boating hazard Cades - 03/07/18 09:36 PM

Plus the boaters for the high schoolers aren't exactly "seasoned veterans". Some of those guys are clueless. It's only a matter of time before a serious boat accident happens.

Damn
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: Lake Palestine boating hazard Cades - 03/07/18 09:51 PM

prepared to get grilled for stating something that makes total sense bolt
Posted By: Txduckhunter

Re: Lake Palestine boating hazard Cades - 03/07/18 10:08 PM

Originally Posted By: Doug R.

prepared to get grilled for sating something that makes total sense bolt

Really like to argue this but..........I can't.
Fact is that most of the captains are just normal guys who fish. Some bought boats just so they could get their kids on the water and are first time boaters.

I will say that it has gotten slightly better or at least more manageable since they have allowed trailering and busted up the divisions to help alleviate crowding on the ramps and at weigh-in/launch.
Posted By: McLovin’

Re: Lake Palestine boating hazard Cades - 03/07/18 11:30 PM

Originally Posted By: Txduckhunter
Originally Posted By: Doug R.

prepared to get grilled for sating something that makes total sense bolt

Really like to argue this but..........I can't.
Fact is that most of the captains are just normal guys who fish. Some bought boats just so they could get their kids on the water and are first time boaters.

I will say that it has gotten slightly better or at least more manageable since they have allowed trailering and busted up the divisions to help alleviate crowding on the ramps and at weigh-in/launch.

AGREED!
WAWI would have a fit with all the truck lights on at the ramps in the mornings, LOL
Posted By: coachallentca

Re: Lake Palestine boating hazard Cades - 03/08/18 01:02 AM

Wawi will be directing traffic for the highschool kids. He will put kids and boat captain in the penalty box for such infractions. A second offense you get 10 lashes. Wawi is on the job.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum