Texas Fishing Forum

I need help with a point 1 antenna question

Posted By: captain-kilroy

I need help with a point 1 antenna question - 03/06/18 01:34 AM

I had the point one installed when I had my new boat serviced. The chart on the console unit is perfect, the chart on the bow is all over the place when you are trying to stay on a waypoint. I did the calibration from the console but on the bow the point 1 is not in the network list. Does that mean that they hooked it directly to the console unit and not the network. yes I have installed the nema for the engine data. any help would be greatly appreciated.
Posted By: Txmedic033

Re: I need help with a point 1 antenna question - 03/06/18 01:42 AM

The front graph will also have to be connected to the NEMA 2000 network for it to show the Point 1.
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: I need help with a point 1 antenna question - 03/06/18 01:42 AM

There has to be an entire nmea network (won’t be hooked directly to the console graph), but it’s possible that your bow graph is not hooked to the nmea network. Should be able to find it in the devices list if it’s hooked up.

Re: I need help with a point 1 antenna question - 03/06/18 01:45 AM

the units are networked together. mark a waypoint on one and its at the other. That's why I think they hooked the point 1 directly to the console unit.

Re: I need help with a point 1 antenna question - 03/06/18 01:46 AM

its a 2017 zx 250
Posted By: Txmedic033

Re: I need help with a point 1 antenna question - 03/06/18 01:49 AM

If they are connected by an ethernet cable they will share waypoints. They need to both be on the NMEA 2000 network. Look at the back of your graphs and make sure they both have a small round black plug screwed into the back. I can almost guarantee that the front graph does not. You can fix this easily yourself with a T connector and enough network cable to reach the front graph. Youtube is your friend.

Re: I need help with a point 1 antenna question - 03/06/18 02:01 AM

apparently that's where my problem is. Thanks for the help I will have to get the parts and tie it in. You would think the dealer would have said that when I had it installed.
Posted By: PowPowOl'Son

Re: I need help with a point 1 antenna question - 03/06/18 04:17 PM

One would think they would make a slight change and allow the Point 1 to work through the ethernet cable. I can’t tell you how many people I know that have a NMEA only for Point 1.
Posted By: Fishinfellow

Re: I need help with a point 1 antenna question - 03/06/18 04:27 PM

Did you have any trouble Calibrating yours? I've tried 4-5 times and couldn't get the speed or angle right so I've just been running on internal GPS even though I have a point-1 mounted... helpsign
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum