Texas Fishing Forum

What is the best storage type accessory you have added to your boat?

Posted By: RJF1423

What is the best storage type accessory you have added to your boat? - 03/06/18 12:43 AM

Looking for organization type ideas. I have a 20' Champion and I am a mess on the boat. Always losing my pliers and water bottles laying all over the place. Anyone care to share how you keep your boat organized and clean while on the lake?
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: What is the best storage type accessory you have added to your boat? - 03/06/18 12:58 AM

My best addition was the boat itself. Better layout.

But, I feel your pain. I have a dual console and the "glove box" is a catch all. And I mean if it fits, it winds up there by the end of a tourney. Or just on the floor. Ha.
Posted By: tmd11111

Re: What is the best storage type accessory you have added to your boat? - 03/06/18 01:03 AM

Best addition was switching from a bass boat to a bay boat with 8 cup holders.
Posted By: Hell-Bent SS

Re: What is the best storage type accessory you have added to your boat? - 03/06/18 01:06 AM

I use a butt seat up front to lean on, I added a simple holder with a hose clamp on the pole for my scissor and pliers. Works great and always know where they are.
Posted By: Stroker XS

Re: What is the best storage type accessory you have added to your boat? - 03/06/18 01:39 AM

Originally Posted By: tmd11111

Haha!
Posted By: Txmedic033

Re: What is the best storage type accessory you have added to your boat? - 03/06/18 01:45 AM

I also have a bay boat w/ multiple cup holders, 10 vertical rod holders, pliers and tool holders, and two flush mounted compartments that each hold 3 plano boxes.
Posted By: Matt Jackson

Re: What is the best storage type accessory you have added to your boat? - 03/06/18 01:49 AM

Originally Posted By: tmd11111

I'll fish with you any day.
Posted By: senko9S

Re: What is the best storage type accessory you have added to your boat? - 03/06/18 01:59 AM

not for tools but these save me a lot of room for soft plastics.

Posted By: lucky55

Re: What is the best storage type accessory you have added to your boat? - 03/06/18 02:08 AM

Academy has some suction cup plastic organizers in different sizes like drink holders with extra holes. add holes or enlarge the holes that are in the plastic to custom fit your favorite pliers, clip on your snips, throw used lures in, multi purpose and you can move it around to find good spot. The suction cups stick good too.
Posted By: Donald Harper

Re: What is the best storage type accessory you have added to your boat? - 03/06/18 02:58 AM

The best accessory that I have put in my boat.

Posted By: jfdawson

Re: What is the best storage type accessory you have added to your boat? - 03/06/18 03:30 AM

I've become a big fan of the BassMafia Money Bag. it will hold about 30 soft plastics and it's big enough to put your rain suit in too. I've found alot of uses for them.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: What is the best storage type accessory you have added to your boat? - 03/06/18 03:37 AM

Originally Posted By: Donald Harper
The best accessory that I have put in my boat.

Whatcha storing there Donald?
Posted By: Donald Harper

Re: What is the best storage type accessory you have added to your boat? - 03/06/18 05:11 AM

A take out bag of goodies.
Posted By: danceswithbass

Re: What is the best storage type accessory you have added to your boat? - 03/06/18 12:09 PM

Dont know how much exposed metal you have on the Champion, but after buying the attached super strong magnet to hold a 9mm, I used the other one with two sided tape to hold a set of pliers, then ended up buying another one to hold my clippers right beside it

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B073Q93WD5/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Posted By: C.Seymour

Re: What is the best storage type accessory you have added to your boat? - 03/06/18 12:23 PM

Don't mess with water bottles, I guess unless you have some guest you don't want to share with. But when it's just me, or me and my wife I fill my rtic up and it stays cold all day and takes abuse without leaking.
Posted By: 96speed

Re: What is the best storage type accessory you have added to your boat? - 03/06/18 02:20 PM

These Sterilite clamshells are handy as a day box if you are a coangler or have a boat without a good day box compartment:

Posted By: Ted Martin

Re: What is the best storage type accessory you have added to your boat? - 03/06/18 02:42 PM

Originally Posted By: RJF1423
Looking for organization type ideas. .... Always losing my pliers

i added a rapala magnetic tool holder to the side of the console in my boat for pliers, scissors, etc and i no longer lose my pliers. ever. i also clip my cull-tags into it.

Posted By: bogey♂

Re: What is the best storage type accessory you have added to your boat? - 03/06/18 03:04 PM

This saves a lot of time

Re: What is the best storage type accessory you have added to your boat? - 03/06/18 07:28 PM

Originally Posted By: Ted Martin
Originally Posted By: RJF1423
Looking for organization type ideas. .... Always losing my pliers

i added a rapala magnetic tool holder to the side of the console in my boat for pliers, scissors, etc and i no longer lose my pliers. ever. i also clip my cull-tags into it.

This looks interesting. Where did you buy it?

Re: What is the best storage type accessory you have added to your boat? - 03/06/18 07:30 PM

I actually use these for my soft plastics. I think I have done a better job lately of storing my tackle. It's just all of the odd stuff that doesn't have a place. I don't have a day box on my boat. It's a '91 Champion 201.

I like the water bottle idea too.

https://www.target.com/p/sterilite-174-c...al/-/A-13794491
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum