Texas Fishing Forum

Wade fishing for bass

Posted By: Smile-n-Nod

Wade fishing for bass - 03/02/18 11:18 PM

In another post, some suggested wading in a small pond to catch bass.

A fly fisherman can get by with one rod and a tiny selection of flies and spare leaders while wading.

Bass fishing gear takes up a lot more space. I have a fishing backpack that I use while shore fishing, but I wouldn't want to take it on the water.

What else can I use to carry some fishing gear while wade fishing?
Posted By: buda13

Re: Wade fishing for bass - 03/02/18 11:23 PM

Mason jar tied to a belt loop.
Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

Re: Wade fishing for bass - 03/02/18 11:54 PM

Girlfriend would work pretty good and if the fish ain't bitin well ...........
Posted By: Donald Harper

Re: Wade fishing for bass - 03/03/18 12:06 AM

Large fanny pack worked for me. I had the bait narrowed down to the Mepp's Black Fury during the spawn. You are not going for a week. Just a small hook, weight and lure box in the pack with a bottle of water. That is all I took as well as just the one rod off the bank with a backup on the bank. There will be plenty of room for plastics also.
Posted By: catslayer

Re: Wade fishing for bass - 03/03/18 03:00 AM

Cheap little pull string backpacks is what i used in college, ga llon ziolock of baits in it... somtimes put another rod in it and out the tip up over my head.

Waded a LOT in college
Posted By: senko9S

Re: Wade fishing for bass - 03/03/18 03:07 PM

float tube. wading sucks.
Posted By: Brad R

Re: Wade fishing for bass - 03/03/18 10:58 PM

We've talked about this among kayak anglers that so often on certain lakes/rivers/creeks you can certainly fish from your vessel all day; but, you can also hop out in remote places and bank fish from areas not accessible to foot traffic. Near or on a sandbar makes a good place to stand if you are fishing rivers. Lakes often have small islands. Leave all your gear in your kayak, tether it to your belt, just grab a rod and start fishing.

Brad
Posted By: skeeterK

Re: Wade fishing for bass - 03/04/18 07:30 AM

Try fly fishing, it isn't just for trout. I fly cast for bass year round granted it from my boat but the amount of tackle I carry is very minimum. A 5wt will work for just about everything and rod/reel combos from Cabelas can be had for under $150. I also use baitcasters from time to time as well. Most lakes have state parks or national forests that are easy to access.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum