Texas Fishing Forum

Spotlight Scan on an Ultrex

Posted By: JBranham

Spotlight Scan on an Ultrex - 02/26/18 10:53 PM

Has anyone mounted or is currently using the Spotlight Scan and if so does anyone have this mounted on an Ultrex?

Would like to get some feedback on both.
Posted By: criglizard

Re: Spotlight Scan on an Ultrex - 02/26/18 11:51 PM

I have read about this quite a bit and my understanding is that you can mount the transducer and use it for regular sonar, down imaging, and side imaging but you cannot use it for spotlight. Not easily at least. I did find a few people that claim they were able to connect it to their Ultrex pedal and calibrate it to work. Others said they could not get it calibrated properly.

The biggest issue with spotlight on the Ultrex is that you have to turn the trolling motor slowly to get a good 360 image. The Ultrex turns too fast making it very difficult to get a clear image.

Overall, the reviews on spotlight have not been good. I do not suggest that you actually pay for the transducer with the intent of using spotlight. You will be disappointed.

Lowrance was giving these away back in 2017. I got a free one and haven't even opened the box.
Posted By: JBranham

Re: Spotlight Scan on an Ultrex - 02/27/18 03:18 AM

Thanks for the response. That’s what I needed to know.
Posted By: Billy Blazer 300 HPDI

Re: Spotlight Scan on an Ultrex - 02/27/18 04:17 AM

Not on Ultrex,

About the only thing spot light scan works for is down scan. I gave up trying to make it work,

It works good for down scan. Chaeaper ways to get down scan that spot light.

I bought it when it does first came out.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum