Texas Fishing Forum

Water Temps in NE Texas?

Posted By: TiminHTown

Water Temps in NE Texas? - 02/23/18 09:17 PM

We typically fish Cypress Springs, Monticello and Bob Sandlin because we have a house on Cypress Springs. I'd like to target a couple of weekends in March for the spawn. Does anybody know typically when the water hits 60? Thanks!
Posted By: Randy Harrell

Re: Water Temps in NE Texas? - 02/24/18 12:08 AM

Water temps last Sunday ranged from 45 - 51. Wednesday and Thursday dumped 3-6 inches of rain, (depending on exact spot) and air temps from 36-45 degrees. If anything I bet temps fell several degrees in the past few days, especially in some of the shallow coves that were starting to heat up.

Of course, that can change quickly with some warm nights and sun. I think we are a couple weeks away from seeing a 60 water temp.

Typically, around the 3rd week in March you can bet on some widespread 60 degree water temps. Of course, it is up to God and the weather he sends us.
Posted By: Brad R

Re: Water Temps in NE Texas? - 02/24/18 01:03 AM

There is an average, certainly, a mean and median values for a selected number of years.

Here are the water temps for Lake Athens this year and similar dates back to 2014.

Notice the range.

Brad

Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Water Temps in NE Texas? - 02/24/18 02:33 AM

51 and muddy on Waxahachie today.
Posted By: Finesse EMPEROR/ Dropshot King

Re: Water Temps in NE Texas? - 02/24/18 03:02 AM

53 and muddy
Posted By: tx2va07

Re: Water Temps in NE Texas? - 02/24/18 04:42 AM

Whitney was 44-46 today
Posted By: TiminHTown

Re: Water Temps in NE Texas? - 02/26/18 11:26 PM

Thanks folks!
Posted By: Paul - Lake Fork

Re: Water Temps in NE Texas? - 02/27/18 01:44 AM

Well I found 60.1 degree water today on Fork, went to take a pic of the graph for a buddy and it said 59.9 when I got back. hmmm
Posted By: Rog

Re: Water Temps in NE Texas? - 02/27/18 03:19 AM

I was at Monticello yesterday and water was the warmest it’s been in the last month. Rain didn’t lower the temps. Three weeks ago water was 49 and weekend before this last temps at Fork we’re 47-53 depending on where you were. Yesterday water was 53-55 at Monticello with clouds most of the day. Would expect it to hit 60 this week. Cold spell may cool it back a bit but I think it’s on..... past highway bridge was muddy south end was beautiful. Bite was slow but found a group by the dam and put 6 nice fish in the boat in about 15 minutes before heading in and had 8 or 9 for the day. Muddy water did slow the bite a bit. They didn’t want moving baits and all fish came dead sticking flukes and the other fish I saw caught were on plastics worked slow in the grass. . Water by the dam was 54 late in the day. Right now the lake is back to full. Btw fishing has been off the chain at Monticello the past month even with the plant off. I had several 15-25 fish days with all being in the 3-9lb range. The lake has been empty on the weekends until yesterday and there were like 6 trucks at the ramp....
Posted By: dillydilly24

Re: Water Temps in NE Texas? - 02/27/18 03:35 AM

Mid to upper 50’s on cedar creek
Posted By: toofy

Re: Water Temps in NE Texas? - 02/27/18 04:11 AM

47-48 on Eagle Mountain Sunday Feb 25.
Posted By: bcg

Re: Water Temps in NE Texas? - 02/27/18 04:33 AM

Are the gates open at monticello where the fish can go to Bob Sandlin?
Posted By: harvey walker

Re: Water Temps in NE Texas? - 02/27/18 02:40 PM

Tradinghouse in Waco is in the mid 50's
Posted By: kemon86

Re: Water Temps in NE Texas? - 02/27/18 05:08 PM

Originally Posted By: dillydilly24
Mid to upper 50’s on cedar creek

Is that mid-lake or farther north? Highest I saw was 53 Sunday on the south end.
Posted By: Rog

Re: Water Temps in NE Texas? - 02/27/18 05:33 PM

Originally Posted By: bcg
Are the gates open at monticello where the fish can go to Bob Sandlin?

The story I am hearing is, there will be nobody to man the gates on Monticello any longer. Therefore the gates will remain open and the water level will fluctuate with the level of sandlin. Until the rains last week Monticello was anywhere from 2-4 ft lower than what most people who have fished it in the past are use to.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum