Texas Fishing Forum

toledo bend lake

Posted By: Joefishhunter

toledo bend lake - 02/23/18 06:52 PM

So me and the wife are going for the first time. What is the best map card for my garmin graph???
Posted By: the skipper

Re: toledo bend lake - 02/23/18 10:36 PM

You can only run the Garmin maps
Posted By: Big Ned

Re: toledo bend lake - 02/23/18 10:45 PM

You may be in for a surprise. The lake is now at full pool rising 2.5 ft. in only a couple of days and the major creeks are very muddy. I talked to my neighbor an hour ago who had started catching big crappie off his dock early in the week and he told me the visibility is near zero and this is near Holly Park. Down south maybe better I don't know. But I did fish Champs last weekend and the back of some of the creeks were stained last Sat. we were able to do something a little different and cashed a good check but with over 7" rain and more coming I am sure six mile, Housen, etc. will be extremely stained. The main lake usually stays pretty decent if the wind allows. Good luck and be safe.

Re: toledo bend lake - 02/24/18 03:21 AM

Somebody reported that it's a mud hole all the way down to six mile atleast. Without much grass there's nothing to clean the water up.
Posted By: Joefishhunter

Re: toledo bend lake - 02/24/18 11:13 AM

We are going in april. So the water and fishing should be good..
Posted By: lamoon78

Re: toledo bend lake - 02/24/18 01:55 PM

Don’t waste your time going
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: toledo bend lake - 02/24/18 04:09 PM

That kind of flooding it doesn't matter how much grass you have. Similar to the floods that killed all the grass a few years ago.

Re: toledo bend lake - 02/24/18 06:34 PM

Originally Posted By: Jaret Latta
That kind of flooding it doesn't matter how much grass you have. Similar to the floods that killed all the grass a few years ago.

Yea. I didn't realize it had gotten quite that much water.
Posted By: Flooringit

Re: toledo bend lake - 02/24/18 06:40 PM

How much did toledo get?

Re: toledo bend lake - 02/24/18 07:55 PM

About 2.5ft rise in 2 days. Equals muddy lake. Plus they sucking it out today which pulls the mud out of creeks even worse
Posted By: mudd

Re: toledo bend lake - 02/24/18 08:09 PM

And yet people still have been smoking them daily. Yesterday had some big solid fish pulled out of lake. You can always catch fish on the Bend no matter the conditions!

Re: toledo bend lake - 02/24/18 09:31 PM

Originally Posted By: mudd
And yet people still have been smoking them daily. Yesterday had some big solid fish pulled out of lake. You can always catch fish on the Bend no matter the conditions!

Yep straight to the grease. Freshwater Ribeyes are biting.
Posted By: mudd

Re: toledo bend lake - 02/24/18 10:41 PM

I lost 2 possible DD’s last Sunday in mud. But they don’t bite in the mud during spawn I heard also. Lol
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum