Texas Fishing Forum

merc mechanic fortworth?

Posted By: Cali hunter

merc mechanic fortworth? - 02/23/18 12:41 PM

Ok so im very glad I didnt drive 2 hours to Texoma to fish the last couple days. Fished local instead and my idle temp wouldnt come up on my 2007 merc 225 optimax pro xs. temps would stay at like 62-64 after letting warm up, according to smartcraft gauges. When I shut the motor down after seeing that wasnt right the temps would then come up to the 90. Start it again and the motor would start peeing after 3 seconds, temps would fall. So I know I have a t stat stuck. So wanna put it in the shop have impellar replaced and t stat worked on. So curious if anybody has used the mechanic David Green at cabelas had a couple other mechanics refer him, see if TFF has had any problems with him? I know FUN N SUN does work on these motors, Ive been there a couple times the guys in the service department dont ever seem to happy about helping ya.. just my experience.. I did talk to one guy on the phone there yesterday and he was pretty cool so maybe I just run into the bad fish there.. anyways cabelas is really close to the house. Im not against bringing the boat else where but looking for someone who is a personal type personality. but most important just want a Real good mechanic who I can bring my motor into and trust they take care of it like it was there own! thanks yall!!!
Posted By: nitroslim

Re: merc mechanic fortworth? - 02/24/18 01:37 PM

Try Patterson marine in Fort Worth 817 838 0501 I think he’s closed on the weekends.
Posted By: D-lee

Re: merc mechanic fortworth? - 02/24/18 02:41 PM

Charlies Outboard repair Alvarado
Posted By: senko9S

Re: merc mechanic fortworth? - 02/24/18 02:42 PM

David Green has been a mercury master tech for decades... thumb
Posted By: Chasin Hogs

Re: merc mechanic fortworth? - 02/24/18 03:19 PM

Originally Posted By: D-lee
Does Charlie work on Yamahas?
Posted By: Mike Keenan

Re: merc mechanic fortworth? - 02/24/18 03:51 PM

Originally Posted By: senko9S

Go to Cabelas, David Green works here. He’s still the best Mercury Master Tech on the planet.
Posted By: B.Hollingshead

Re: merc mechanic fortworth? - 02/24/18 04:00 PM

Mark Gunter is best I've seen out of Azle now I believe
Posted By: senko9S

Re: merc mechanic fortworth? - 02/24/18 04:10 PM

David rebuilt my powerhead in 2005. still running strong.
Posted By: Curtbass

Re: merc mechanic fortworth? - 02/24/18 04:25 PM

Originally Posted By: Chasin Hogs
Originally Posted By: D-lee
Does Charlie work on Yamahas?

Yes.
Posted By: Worm Dunk

Re: merc mechanic fortworth? - 02/24/18 07:23 PM

Originally Posted By: Mike Keenan
Originally Posted By: senko9S

Go to Cabelas, David Green works here. He’s still the best Mercury Master Tech on the planet.

^^^Plus 1 on this. He just replaced the compressor on my Opti 250. Took it to Amistad and made several long runs with no issues. Runs and sounds great.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum