Texas Fishing Forum

Power Poles-Talons

Posted By: B.K.S.

Power Poles-Talons - 02/23/18 03:23 AM

I would like for the folks that had power poles and switched to talons to give me your honest opinions on how you like the talons now,could you use your power pole bracket or did you have to get another?better reliability?Just your thoughts.Thanks!
Posted By: J.H.S.

Re: Power Poles-Talons - 02/23/18 04:44 AM

One word. Ultrex. Can’t catch them without one.
Posted By: Clark3

Re: Power Poles-Talons - 02/23/18 12:51 PM

I had Talons and went to power poles. Would never own another set of talons again. Power poles hold much better in the wind.
Posted By: easttexasbucks

Re: Power Poles-Talons - 02/23/18 02:00 PM

Great customer service! Go with powerpole!
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: Power Poles-Talons - 02/23/18 02:13 PM

Nobody ever caught fish without an ultrex and poles.....

That being said...power poles no doubt the best
Posted By: skeeter75

Re: Power Poles-Talons - 02/23/18 02:18 PM

I've had 3 sets of power poles. Yes great customer service because that is where they will be in the shop. Nothing but trouble from day one on all 3 sets. Since I've had 3 sets of talons not a lick of trouble out of any of them. Talons and Ultex the way to go.
Posted By: squib

Re: Power Poles-Talons - 02/23/18 03:00 PM

Talons of the two without a doubt. But go with the Ultrex before either type of anchor.
Posted By: BassColonel

Re: Power Poles-Talons - 02/23/18 04:30 PM

I've had both and recommend the Talons. I've had the Talon for almost 6 years on my Tracker and the Power Pole for 2 years on my Triton. Here are the advantages as I see them: Talon does not require the large pump/reservoir unit so it takes up no room in your battery compartment. Also, you don't have to worry about leaking hydraulic fluid which I've had a couple of times with my power pole. 2d, if you do have problems it is very easy to remove the talon and take it to get serviced instead of having to take the entire boat like you pretty much have to do with the Power Pole. This is a big deal for me since I have to drive a pretty good distance for service for both my talon and my Power Pole. 3d, you don't have to worry about adjusting the sensitivity of the Talon. For some reason I seem to have to do this a lot with my Power Pole and it is a little bit of a pain. 4th, if you have 2 boats you can move the talon back and forth easily between boats if you want. Both hold the boat well in most conditions but they also both can struggle in extreme conditions depending on the type of bottom you are dealing with (Rock, Mud, etc...).
Posted By: capt grumpy

Re: Power Poles-Talons - 02/23/18 04:57 PM

Listen to your son
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum