Posted By: RiveraTackleCo.

Cabelas news - 02/22/18 08:06 PM

Cabelas news
Posted By: T Bird

Re: Cabelas news - 02/22/18 08:18 PM

Good ole Johnny at it again.
Posted By: Chet

Re: Cabelas news - 02/22/18 08:20 PM

So now I can potlick from the north end of the lake if you're on the south end. The run on these will be epic.
Posted By: senko9S

Re: Cabelas news - 02/22/18 08:21 PM

Originally Posted By: T Bird

one of Americas greatest success stories imho. fish
Posted By: Mark Jones

Re: Cabelas news - 02/22/18 08:37 PM

While you're bashing him take a look at the buyout offers he provided and funded the bonuses with his own money. Pretty generous as far as buyouts go when he owes them nothing and their own management failed them. Remember Cabela's wasn't at auction because all was well in Sydney...

http://www.omaha.com/money/bass-pro-shop...e8453cbb1c.html
Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

Re: Cabelas news - 02/22/18 08:43 PM

Originally Posted By: Mark Jones

While you're bashing him take a look at the buyout offers he provided and funded the bonuses with his own money. Pretty generous as far as buyouts go when he owes them nothing and their own management failed them. Remember Cabela's wasn't at auction because all was well in Sydney...

Absolutely, Johnny Morris is first class in the way he does business. He didn't have to give these people anything. Chances are Cabelas would have been bankrupt in 5 years and those employees would end up with nothing.
Posted By: RayBob

Re: Cabelas news - 02/22/18 08:47 PM

Sam Walton, Johnny Morris ... American capitalists. Cater to a market better than anyone else, grow wildly successful, and people somehow think you've done something un-American.

I like Cabellas products (outerwear mostly). Hope their quality stuff stays around.
Posted By: BMCD

Re: Cabelas news - 02/22/18 09:27 PM

I'd take that offer if my company offered it. That is a good deal.
Posted By: Mark Jones

Re: Cabelas news - 02/22/18 09:28 PM

Originally Posted By: RayBob
Sam Walton, Johnny Morris ... American capitalists. Cater to a market better than anyone else, grow wildly successful, and people somehow think you've done something un-American.

I like Cabellas products (outerwear mostly). Hope their quality stuff stays around.

Bingo, this demographic believes in chasing the American Dream but if you ever catch it then they're done with you and you're too fancy for them... Isn't that ironic?
Posted By: salex

Re: Cabelas news - 02/22/18 10:43 PM

Bingo, this demographic believes in chasing the American Dream but if you ever catch it then they're done with you and you're too fancy for them... Isn't that ironic?

Mark... your spot on. Many claim that the dream/success changed the person, but I think in most cases envy and jealousy cause folks to want to tear down the one who has done well for themselves.
Posted By: DBFishing83

Re: Cabelas news - 02/22/18 10:55 PM

One HELLUVA deal ...... I wish I was offered that.
21 years in = 42 weeks + $40,000 **** in a heartbeat. That is an exceptional deal
Posted By: krawlin 47

Re: Cabelas news - 02/22/18 10:56 PM

Originally Posted By: salex

Mark... your spot on. Many claim that the dream/success changed the person, but I think in most cases envy and jealousy cause folks to want to tear down the one who has done well for themselves.
cheers
Posted By: 206champion

Re: Cabelas news - 02/22/18 11:15 PM

Thats a really good deal of a buyout that could be worth a pretty penny depending on your years of service.
Posted By: horseplaydvm

Re: Cabelas news - 02/22/18 11:30 PM

The offer is great. Unfortunately a majority of those people probably need a job worse than a severence in a town that small. They most likely will loose all that money if they own a house that won’t be worth anything now.
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: Cabelas news - 02/23/18 01:27 AM

Originally Posted By: horseplaydvm
The offer is great. Unfortunately a majority of those people probably need a job worse than a severence in a town that small. They most likely will loose all that money if they own a house that won’t be worth anything now.

Walmart is always hiring...
Posted By: Bahala

Re: Cabelas news - 02/23/18 02:11 AM

I would prefer to have seen cabelas stand on its own as I always felt their products were superior to BPS. However, that is a good deal in my opinion. I am more concerned with the drone deal. It's cool, but that will lead to more problems than it's worth.
Posted By: Rayzor

Re: Cabelas news - 02/23/18 02:16 AM

Sounds like a great deal. If someone bought out the company I work for, all I would get is a boot in the butt.
Posted By: horseplaydvm

Re: Cabelas news - 02/23/18 03:50 AM

Interesting story from prior to the buyout.
http://www.omaha.com/news/nebraska/this-...75ff27b240.html
Posted By: Jobie99

Re: Cabelas news - 02/24/18 06:48 PM

For all of the folks applauding him, that’s a pretty standard buyout in corporate America less the bonus. Johnny Morris has to take care of them. Retail sporting
Goods is fading fast due to lower costs internet sales. I live 5 miles from a bass pro and rarely shop there because their prices are awful. You treat hard working Americans that have dedicated their working lives to a company bad and you’ll lose customers for life.
Posted By: beartrap

Re: Cabelas news - 02/24/18 10:23 PM

Originally Posted By: Jobie99
For all of the folks applauding him, that’s a pretty standard buyout in corporate America less the bonus. Johnny Morris has to take care of them. Retail sporting
Goods is fading fast due to lower costs internet sales. I live 5 miles from a bass pro and rarely shop there because their prices are awful. You treat hard working Americans that have dedicated their working lives to a company bad and you’ll lose customers for life.

not sure where you came up with that......most corporate buyouts that result in layoffs due to job duplication result in the employees getting little if anything as a separation bonus....johnny morris is to be commended for his generosity in helping the laid off people far beyond what is normal in these circumstances...

and to those who are critical of bass pro shop,you should have been a fisherman before bass pro shop came along.....you would scream bloody murder if you had to deal with the lack of choice and pay what the bait shops and hardware stores used to charge us prior to bass pro shop...
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum