Texas Fishing Forum

Rayburn Advice

Posted By: JJHunts

Rayburn Advice - 02/19/18 08:56 PM

Looking for a little advice on Rayburn. I have not been there since 2001. I am making a 7hr trip to join some friends for 3 days of fishing. I am sure there are several tournaments going on there, so I expect some folks to be tight lipped, but was hoping for a little general info from some of you guys that fish it a lot. I am not there to fish a tournament and it may be 15 plus years before I go again.

I will happily return the favor if someone needs some help on a northwest TX lake. Please feel free to PM me if you prefer.

Thanks in advance!

My Best,
JJ
Posted By: bigfishtx

Re: Rayburn Advice - 02/19/18 09:10 PM

If you want to sight fish it should be on mid to lower lake big time this weekend after several days of warming weather.

Back off same areas and fish outside grass lines, and secondary points for the next group coming in, and some going out. There are post spawn fish already.

I caught em good this weekend on traps, c-rigs, chatter baits, flipping, swim jigs, squarebills, pretty much everything I threw. They are on fire right now and it’s only gonna get better. Frog fishing is just around the corner.

Re: Rayburn Advice - 02/20/18 01:09 AM

Thanks, making the drive Thursday & meeting a bunch of Missouri boys there. Sounds like covering some water and fishing the conditions will work out. Crazy the difference in spawn stages. Fished a derby on PK this weekend and have been there recently and the fish are just starting to stage.

Thanks again for your help and advice.
Posted By: the skipper

Re: Rayburn Advice - 02/20/18 02:04 AM

It happened quick once the warmer weather hit. They went from out deep to really moving in in a week. Bigfishtx is pretty spot on. There's fish at a lot of depths so pick what you want to do and have at it.
Posted By: ETXfisher91

Re: Rayburn Advice - 02/20/18 02:48 AM

Your choosing a bad weekend to come lol several tournaments plus we have rain in the forecast every day for like the next 10 days.
Posted By: ChanceHuiet

Re: Rayburn Advice - 02/20/18 02:54 AM

Originally Posted By: ETXfisher91
Your choosing a bad weekend to come lol several tournaments plus we have rain in the forecast every day for like the next 10 days.

What weekend in spring at Rayburn does not have several tournaments. If you can go,go. Its a big lake.
Posted By: kellisag

Re: Rayburn Advice - 02/20/18 02:56 AM

Originally Posted By: ETXfisher91

You just described the last 2 months, rain hasn't let up and there will always be tournaments on Rayburn
Posted By: KenTx1962

Re: Rayburn Advice - 02/20/18 02:59 AM

JJ I have weekly video blog/fishing reports on Rayburn, posted one yesterday, check them out they may help.

Ken
Posted By: Bigron119

Re: Rayburn Advice - 02/20/18 02:06 PM

Originally Posted By: KenTx1962
JJ I have weekly video blog/fishing reports on Rayburn, posted one yesterday, check them out they may help.

Ken

Ken always has great and CURRENT info! Pay attention "Grasshoppa"! thumb
Posted By: Outlaw Outdoors

Re: Rayburn Advice - 02/20/18 03:24 PM

I agree, Ken Smith has the best thing going as far as information on Rayburn. Here is a link to his youtube page. Check it out and click subscribe. https://www.youtube.com/user/KenSmithFishing

Re: Rayburn Advice - 02/20/18 03:29 PM

Thanks Ken good stuff there. Thanks to all you other guys too!
Posted By: bogey♂

Re: Rayburn Advice - 02/20/18 05:08 PM

I haven't been there in a while, but if it is overcast - fish a gold trap.
Posted By: KenTx1962

Re: Rayburn Advice - 02/22/18 05:02 AM

Thanks guys, going to try to get another up tomorrow!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum