Texas Fishing Forum

Looks like next week...

Posted By: texasAUtiger

Looks like next week... - 02/17/18 12:55 AM

Central and east TX will get some much needed rain, which ought to both warm the water and raise the lake level. Is this what we’ve been needing to flip the switch to better fishing?

[img]http://www.weather.gov/images/ewx/graphicast/image6.png?021d60547678f3dd28b9ae730b6efff7[/img]

Posted By: i-Fish

Re: Looks like next week... - 02/17/18 01:55 AM

They gotta spawn no matter the lake levels so I think the warming temps will be the juice for that pre-spawn migration. Rising lake levels will be a plus when any front comes through.
Posted By: leethefishking

Re: Looks like next week... - 02/17/18 02:10 AM

I don't think an inch is going to do much. Probably won't even run water
Posted By: Chet

Re: Looks like next week... - 02/17/18 02:16 AM

Just got back from Falcon and it is going on now. Found 60 degree water in the back of some creeks Tue. Has warmed each day and today after two 60 degree nights and sunny 80 degree days there is some 66-68 degree water. Numbers were tough Tue and really picked up yesterday and today. Off topic but had my first experience with Ultrex spot lock, looking to get one tomorrow amazing tool.

Posted By: JD/76708

Re: Looks like next week... - 02/17/18 02:29 AM

Nice fish, Chet...what did she go?...

As far as next week, it won't be an all-out assault upon the banks, but some will move up...the longer days are getting them ALL ready for action....the weather just delays certain groups of them...some will not be stopped, regardless and some need absolute perfect conditions...and many more fall somewhere in between....but they are all coming, and better fishing along with them... thumb
Posted By: Chet

Re: Looks like next week... - 02/17/18 03:08 AM

Sorry you asked, I took that pick to put some shade on a friend who backed out of the trip. Was caught by my partner and looks a bunch bigger than it is and that's why I sent it to him. Went 6 and change.
Posted By: buda13

Re: Looks like next week... - 02/17/18 12:14 PM

Gonna muddy up the creeks pretty good....
Posted By: lucky55

Re: Looks like next week... - 02/18/18 01:51 AM

Belton was up in temp slightly today. Found some areas at 54 degrees
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum