Texas Fishing Forum

Lake Palestine hwy 31 access

Posted By: Bassinamped

Lake Palestine hwy 31 access - 02/16/18 03:30 PM

Going out for fun next week and was wondering if anyone has ever launched a boat with a tandem axle trailer at the hwy 31 ramp in the neches? I’ve heard smaller boats are fine but with this higher water over full pool wasn’t sure. Thanks
Posted By: Redfoxone

Re: Lake Palestine hwy 31 access - 02/16/18 04:40 PM

I pulled my 19 ft Skeeter there last year and decided not to launch. There is a significant drop off after the concrete ramp that I didn't feel comfortable that the weight of loading back up would be ok. Just depends on the water level but you also cannot see where the drop off is if the water level is high. Personally I would not do it, I would launch at Westberry landing and slowly make my way up towards the river.
Posted By: Hobbs McAvoy

Re: Lake Palestine hwy 31 access - 02/16/18 04:41 PM

^^^^This. Launch at Westberry.

Re: Lake Palestine hwy 31 access - 02/16/18 04:45 PM

Take some cash with you to Westberry, drop box honor system.
Posted By: Bassinamped

Re: Lake Palestine hwy 31 access - 02/16/18 04:51 PM

Thanks guys for the info!!! West berry is where I normally launch but thought it would save quite a bit of idle time launching at 31 but after hearing this I think I’ll definitely stick to west berry. Would hate to break something. Thanks again!

Re: Lake Palestine hwy 31 access - 02/16/18 05:14 PM

Yeah, when the water was low and I could see the drop off there was no way my trailer tires would roll up over it with the boat on it. They have put a lot of money in that place last few years except for the ramp. That's why I keep my '67 Super Skeeter around, for ramps like that.

I hear ya about the idle time from Westberry, takes a few for sure.

© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum