Texas Fishing Forum

FLW Costa Rayburn

Posted By: bigfishtx

FLW Costa Rayburn - 02/15/18 08:39 PM

Almost time for weigh in. https://www.flwfishing.com/live/2018-02-15-lake-sam-rayburn

Looks like some of those heavy hitters' deep fish may be gone. Great pic of Kevin Lasyone with a couple of nice ones, 25 lbs before noon ain't too shabby!
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: FLW Costa Rayburn - 02/15/18 09:07 PM

He had 31lbs 6oz...
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: FLW Costa Rayburn - 02/15/18 09:13 PM

Originally Posted By: Jaret Latta
He had 31lbs 6oz...

that didn't take too long laugh

Re: FLW Costa Rayburn - 02/15/18 09:21 PM

He had 31lbs 6oz...

I really figured you'd be in on this one?
Posted By: the skipper

Re: FLW Costa Rayburn - 02/15/18 09:51 PM

With this weather the big girls are up there. No doubt about that
Posted By: Thomas H.

Re: FLW Costa Rayburn - 02/15/18 09:54 PM

I'm impressed with the top bag right now. Kevin was on fire today!
Posted By: Thomas H.

Re: FLW Costa Rayburn - 02/15/18 09:55 PM

I'm waiting for Chris McCall. I don't think he will win it but he will have a good bag.
Posted By: Fishspanker

Re: FLW Costa Rayburn - 02/15/18 10:06 PM

They aren't just jumping in the boat. Lots of guys around either side of 10#
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: FLW Costa Rayburn - 02/15/18 10:21 PM

Jay Shipe busting into the top 10, good job "other brother" Jay laugh
Posted By: ChanceHuiet

Re: FLW Costa Rayburn - 02/16/18 12:21 AM

Anybody find results of day 1 on FLW site? I can't find Jack on their website ever.
Posted By: OzzieFish

Re: FLW Costa Rayburn - 02/16/18 12:22 AM

So where are the results?

Re: FLW Costa Rayburn - 02/16/18 12:23 AM

Originally Posted By: ChanceHuiet
Anybody find results of day 1 on FLW site? I can't find Jack on their website ever.

AMEN to that!
Posted By: K.D.

Re: FLW Costa Rayburn - 02/16/18 12:24 AM

https://www.flwfishing.com/results

Scroll down, then click on Costa.

Re: FLW Costa Rayburn - 02/16/18 12:28 AM

Originally Posted By: K.D.
https://www.flwfishing.com/results

Scroll down, then click on Costa.

LOL, your link works ! Thx

Re: FLW Costa Rayburn - 02/16/18 12:51 AM

Originally Posted By: Fishspanker
They aren't just jumping in the boat. Lots of guys around either side of 10#

Na, not just jumping in. They're there though.

Re: FLW Costa Rayburn - 02/16/18 12:54 AM

The top of the leaderboard looks really familiar. Lol
Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

Re: FLW Costa Rayburn - 02/16/18 01:08 AM

Some pretty good names down toward the bottom. Thought T. Martin and K. Coombs would do better but 2 more days yet. Love to see Tommy do well. Good dude.
Posted By: Flooringit

Re: FLW Costa Rayburn - 02/16/18 03:24 AM

I’m here fished less then 5f all day. Not my cup of tea. But I’m a co angler. So it’s what I got to fish it
was a grind. Guy in front was good (jeff sprague ) he didn’t leave much for me I did catch 3 for 7:90 and had a good one get off. Everyone seems to be fishing shallow. I wonder where the leader was as far as depth.
Posted By: kellisag

Re: FLW Costa Rayburn - 02/16/18 04:50 AM

Originally Posted By: the skipper

No kidding, at least 4 of today's top 10 were top 10 last year as well!
Posted By: Monty Wright

Re: FLW Costa Rayburn - 02/16/18 05:11 AM

Originally Posted By: kellisag

No kidding, at least 4 of today's top 10 were top 10 last year as well!

and both years before that!

Re: FLW Costa Rayburn - 02/16/18 10:30 AM

Kris Wilson likely to win. Should be interesting to see how the day one leader holds up.

Re: FLW Costa Rayburn - 02/16/18 12:49 PM

Originally Posted By: Fishspanker

Kris Wilson likely to win. Should be interesting to see how the day one leader holds up.

I wouldn't bet against any of them but I think it's going to be TJ Goodwyn, he and team partner Crelia have been on big ones all month

Re: FLW Costa Rayburn - 02/16/18 02:31 PM

Depends on who gets to the sweet spots first. I know yesterday a couple in the top 10 were wanting to fish the same stuff.

Re: FLW Costa Rayburn - 02/16/18 03:23 PM

Depends on who gets to the sweet spots first. I know yesterday a couple in the top 10 were wanting to fish the same stuff.

Yep. Whichever ones get the best spot first can catch a big bag and shoot to the top. Today should be a good day

Re: FLW Costa Rayburn - 02/16/18 09:15 PM

Weighing em in. Kris Wilson struggled today with 11 and change

Cecil with 8 lbs

Obviously much tougher fishing today

Re: FLW Costa Rayburn - 02/16/18 10:22 PM

Kevin Laysone backed up the 31 lbs from day one with 21 lbs today.

Re: FLW Costa Rayburn - 02/17/18 12:42 AM

Kevin Laysone backed up the 31 lbs from day one with 21 lbs today.

A little over a 10# lead. That will be hard to close in on.

Re: FLW Costa Rayburn - 02/17/18 12:46 AM

Saw one of the c0-anglers came in with 21 lbs. with a 10 lb. kicker.
Posted By: Monty Wright

Re: FLW Costa Rayburn - 02/17/18 02:04 AM

It's going to fun to watch and see how this one turns out.

Re: FLW Costa Rayburn - 02/17/18 04:37 AM

Weighing em in. Kris Wilson struggled today with 11 and change

Cecil with 8 lbs

Obviously much tougher fishing today

The fish are moving in. I was surprised the #1 guy backed his weight up. If he can catch 13 tomorrow he should take it home. But you can't count out another 30lb bag.

Re: FLW Costa Rayburn - 02/17/18 04:38 AM

Originally Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES
Saw one of the c0-anglers came in with 21 lbs. with a 10 lb. kicker.

His boater was right behind him and only had 3 fish
Posted By: 206champion

Re: FLW Costa Rayburn - 02/17/18 07:10 PM

Just read they canceled day 3 due to fog.

Re: FLW Costa Rayburn - 02/17/18 11:01 PM

Big congrats to Lasyone and Gleason! V&M guys doing some work !

Re: FLW Costa Rayburn - 02/17/18 11:55 PM

I fished with Jon Englund second day. He whacked them. But he must’ve threw his bait 1000+ times. I had jeff sprague first day. It’s hard to catch fish behind them guys. They don’t miss many. They were also both moving boat constantly can’t really throw much when there doing that. Jeff went into all small coves 3-5 deep and pushed all the fish they he didn’t catch. By time he turned boat around they’d all been running. Jon was in canyons and I bet there were 15-20 boats at all times there he was only catching. But he’d catch one every 100 cast or so. He caught a lot of 2# fish. But had 3’good ones. I did manage to catch 5 behind him but it was hard and some work. First day with jeff I got 3. I had one get off if it had t I would’ve got a check. Oh well
Posted By: Danny L. Weems

Re: FLW Costa Rayburn - 02/17/18 11:56 PM

Congratulations to all that was able to adjust and find the bigger fish.
I had a decent practice and was getting some pretty good bites on deep brush up until I got off the water shortly after noon on Wednesday.
I figured they would be moving up shallow any time so I started in a classic shallow staging area were I had got quality bites on traps each time I checked it through the week. Nothing happing on the trap for me so we go run the deeper stuff and never got a bite. Went back shallow and co angler catches 3 pretty quick on a spinnerbait, I pickup a spinnerbait and we catch several short fish. Get back to the back of a drain into 62 water and see beds everywhere,then the Bucks move in after noon and we proceeded to catch over 20 fish to weed through and manage a couple small limits. I didn't feel too bad when some of the local hammers weighed in small bags as well.
Day two I just knew the big girls would have moved up overnight but no luck, just about the same as day one and still no deep bite. Drew a local co angler that has done well in previous events so we ran his stuff and caught a bunch of fish but never found any size. I did have a 4-5lb fish on a wacky senko behind some bushes but come unbuttoned before I could get to her.
If you have a chance to get down to Rayburn in the next week or so you better take it, it's fixing to bust wide open. The BFL March 3rd and 4th should be a sight fishing shootout if the weather cooperates.

Re: FLW Costa Rayburn - 02/18/18 12:08 AM

I am gonna be there the 28th
Posted By: Trx

Re: FLW Costa Rayburn - 02/18/18 12:15 AM

Ill put flooringit on the bigguns when we arrive wed!

Re: FLW Costa Rayburn - 02/18/18 12:47 AM

I hope you do I apparently need all the help I can get
Posted By: lamoon78

Re: FLW Costa Rayburn - 02/18/18 12:30 PM

Originally Posted By: Danny L. Weems
I had a decent practice and was getting some pretty good bites on deep brush up until I got off the water shortly after noon on Wednesday.
I figured they would be moving up shallow any time so I started in a classic shallow staging area were I had got quality bites on traps each time I checked it through the week. Nothing happing on the trap for me so we go run the deeper stuff and never got a bite. Went back shallow and co angler catches 3 pretty quick on a spinnerbait, I pickup a spinnerbait and we catch several short fish. Get back to the back of a drain into 62 water and see beds everywhere,then the Bucks move in after noon and we proceeded to catch over 20 fish to weed through and manage a couple small limits. I didn't feel too bad when some of the local hammers weighed in small bags as well.
Day two I just knew the big girls would have moved up overnight but no luck, just about the same as day one and still no deep bite. Drew a local co angler that has done well in previous events so we ran his stuff and caught a bunch of fish but never found any size. I did have a 4-5lb fish on a wacky senko behind some bushes but come unbuttoned before I could get to her.
If you have a chance to get down to Rayburn in the next week or so you better take it, it's fixing to bust wide open. The BFL March 3rd and 4th should be a sight fishing shootout if the weather cooperates.

IMHO shouldn’t be allowed in tournaments to bring fish in off beds period.
Posted By: Clark3

Re: FLW Costa Rayburn - 02/18/18 12:46 PM

Originally Posted By: lamoon78

“Tourneys need to ban bed fishing so i can catch them off beds when I fun fish”

Get out of here

Re: FLW Costa Rayburn - 02/18/18 01:01 PM

Y'all do realize that if you are fishing in less than 6ft of water this time of year you are catching way more fish off beds than the guys actually looking for particular fish? To say you shouldn't be allowed to bring in bed fish is crazy. You'd have to close the lake. Anyone beating the bank with senkos and such are catching tons of sight fish they just don't know it...

Re: FLW Costa Rayburn - 02/18/18 01:09 PM

Y'all do realize that if you are fishing in less than 6ft of water this time of year you are catching way more fish off beds than the guys actually looking for particular fish? To say you shouldn't be allowed to bring in bed fish is crazy. You'd have to close the lake. Anyone beating the bank with senkos and such are catching tons of sight fish they just don't know it...

Yeah that's pretty much a dumb statement. How would you know the fish was on a bed ? Guess you could quit having tournaments during February, March and April. However they've been having spring tournaments for as long as I can remember and hasn't seem to hurt the fishery.

Re: FLW Costa Rayburn - 02/18/18 01:17 PM

Bed fishing has zero impact on the fishery. Fillet knives do though...
Posted By: Fish USA!

Re: FLW Costa Rayburn - 02/18/18 01:18 PM

Re: FLW Costa Rayburn - 02/18/18 01:57 PM

Bed fishing has zero impact on the fishery. Fillet knives do though...

Good 5th place finish on TB, congrats. thumb

Re: FLW Costa Rayburn - 02/18/18 03:53 PM

I don’t think many people could pass up a 10 sitting on a bed. I couldn’t. Is if I see some 3s won’t even toss at them lol. It’s a tough call. Lots of folks don’t catch many big ones it’s a great time for them guys to catch one. I personally like catching them on the way in. But if I see a 10 on a bed I will throw at it for sure
Posted By: Billy Blazer 300 HPDI

Re: FLW Costa Rayburn - 02/18/18 04:47 PM

I've always said, people catch more fish on beds that don't see than the ones they see.
Posted By: Minner Bucket

Re: FLW Costa Rayburn - 02/18/18 05:23 PM

Originally Posted By: lamoon78

popcorn

Re: FLW Costa Rayburn - 02/19/18 01:06 AM

Originally Posted By: Billy Blazer 300 HPDI
I've always said, people catch more fish on beds that don't see than the ones they see.

Yep!
Posted By: Chris B

Re: FLW Costa Rayburn - 02/19/18 01:52 AM

Spot on.
Posted By: TxBassAndCrappie

Re: FLW Costa Rayburn - 02/19/18 02:29 AM

Yeah I don't think bed fishing has had much of an effect if any on the lake.. The fishing on Rayburn couldn't be better right now. It's on fire if you can find the right water. I fished as a co angler and did pretty good but could have done better. Lost a giant at the boat. That fish is gonna haunt me til the day I die. I guess that's why they call it fishing and not catching.
Posted By: Captain Chunk

Re: FLW Costa Rayburn - 02/19/18 02:52 AM

Florida Fish and Wildlife researches bed fishing and determined there was no significant impact. Link
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum