Texas Fishing Forum

RAM open series

Posted By: ETXfisher91

RAM open series - 02/14/18 01:53 PM

Have any of you guys fished the RAM open series as a co-angler? Thinking about joining the trail next weekend on Rayburn as a co-angler and wondering if anyone has had a good experience with it?? TIA!
Posted By: 200ZX

Re: RAM open series - 02/14/18 02:08 PM

I was going to do the same. Hear good things about it.
Posted By: SC-001

Re: RAM open series - 02/14/18 02:14 PM

Name has changed to the ABA open series
Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

Re: RAM open series - 02/14/18 02:18 PM

Thinking about Palestine myself, have heard nothing but good things. Well run with great people.
Posted By: J-Y-D

Re: RAM open series - 02/14/18 02:52 PM

It is solid. Rayburn weights could be epic with 37lbs just winning a team deal there. The website has the TD's (Chris Wayand)email address. Email him, he's good about responding. Might have his cell. If so, text him. My boaters have been cool. Never had an issue.
Posted By: SoCal Tom

Re: RAM open series - 02/14/18 03:28 PM

You'll enjoy it. Chris does a great job
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: RAM open series - 02/14/18 03:40 PM

Originally Posted By: Unc
It is solid. Rayburn weights could be epic with 37lbs just winning a team deal there. The website has the TD's (Chris Wayand)email address. Email him, he's good about responding. Might have his cell. If so, text him. My boaters have been cool. Never had an issue.

Big difference in TTT and aba. Weights will be good but don't expect a bunch of 25+ bags
Posted By: ProGatorin4bass

Re: RAM open series - 02/14/18 06:08 PM

I fished it for the first time February 3rd at cedar creek. It was a good experience I had a good time even managed to get a check. Tournament was ran good I will be back for Palestine.
Posted By: catslayer

Re: RAM open series - 02/14/18 06:08 PM

... why dont they just call this the single lake series.

The east texas is ok, but south east should just be called conroe... and the other devision the rayburn division lol
Posted By: BMCD

Re: RAM open series - 02/14/18 06:35 PM

Well they usually fish both Toledo and Rayburn. I just signed up for Rayburn, if u want to link to guarantee your co status let me know.
Posted By: elkhartdom

Re: RAM open series - 02/14/18 10:25 PM

I have fished this series for over 9 years, greatest bunch of guys you can ever meet. Chris does a magnificent job as the director. Fished my first year as a co, wound up going to nationals all due to my boaters. Look me up at rayburn, names woody, look for the captain America shirt lol
Posted By: coachmas

Re: RAM open series - 02/14/18 11:53 PM

I will be there

Re: RAM open series - 02/15/18 01:38 AM

thanks guys! sorry, been working night shift so I been asleep... y'all definitely confirmed me wanting to sign up... The only concern I have is not being able to make the meeting on Friday night due to getting off work later, I wouldn't be able to make it until about 8:00... I heard something about a freedom pass. I was going to wait on the Palestine since it is closer series for me, but missing one tournament can hurt you in points etc...
Posted By: bigcat85

Re: RAM open series - 02/15/18 02:57 AM

Originally Posted By: ETXfisher91
thanks guys! sorry, been working night shift so I been asleep... y'all definitely confirmed me wanting to sign up... The only concern I have is not being able to make the meeting on Friday night due to getting off work later, I wouldn't be able to make it until about 8:00... I heard something about a freedom pass. I was going to wait on the Palestine since it is closer series for me, but missing one tournament can hurt you in points etc...

You are already hurt in points. Rayburn is a different division. Points are separate per division.

Re: RAM open series - 02/15/18 05:13 AM

Yeah i know, that's why I am going to Rayburn instead of jumping into the second tournament of the East division. Just going to start fresh in the SE Tex division.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum