Texas Fishing Forum

favorite tackle bag

Posted By: J.P. Greeson

favorite tackle bag - 02/13/18 09:23 PM

The post about being on a buddy's boat prompted me to ask this. What's your favorite bag to carry when fishing from a friend's boat or any situation when you are fishing from someone else's boat.

My bass travel tackle bag is one of the Cabela's line. A few years back I bought a H2O for inshore saltwater. No complaints about either one.
Posted By: texasbass1

Re: favorite tackle bag - 02/13/18 09:29 PM

I have a BPS bag that works fine when needed. Hold 6 3700 boxes and a couple of zipper pockets and mesh ends.
Posted By: cephusjoe

Re: favorite tackle bag - 02/13/18 09:39 PM

I have the smaller Lews bag. Its built with a good zipper and a solid bottom to hold its shape. I use it more as an overnight or 72 hour travel bag.
Posted By: Thomas H.

Re: favorite tackle bag - 02/13/18 09:53 PM

This is a good question. I bought a $40 Berkley bag back 2 years ago when I was a freshman, but it is starting to overload. Looking to spend $100 or so on a new bag. Any suggestions?
Posted By: Donald Harper

Re: favorite tackle bag - 02/13/18 09:54 PM

My backpacks are really nice. Holds everything and can be strapped to the back of a sit down chair or the pole on a butt seat. They are equipped to carry 4 rods if you are walking in to a fishing spot.
Posted By: Mike Keenan

Re: favorite tackle bag - 02/13/18 10:00 PM

Bass pro has one, it’s red with several pockets, holds plenty of the clear Plano boxes. Mines due to be replaced, it’s flat out worn out... it’s probably 20 years old but still works.
Posted By: M. Alexander

Re: favorite tackle bag - 02/13/18 10:00 PM

XPS Stalker backpack or Falcon V6 Speed Bag
Posted By: JCBfromTHF

Re: favorite tackle bag - 02/14/18 12:39 AM

After years of using tackle bags I switched to a tactical style back pack last year. Works great when chasing Sandies and Crappie in the local creeks when they make their run and of course it works just fine in a boat as well. When walking for miles it sure makes a difference being able to put that stuff on your back instead of on one shoulder. All the pockets in the tactical style back packs work great for smaller tackle boxes, clippers, extra line, etc. And best of all a good tactical back pack is far cheaper than a back pack marketed towards fishermen.
Posted By: catslayer

Re: favorite tackle bag - 02/14/18 12:45 AM

H20 bag that holds 6 full size boxes and 3 little boxes, has arm strap and semi rigid bottom... i actually carry a 7th full size box on top under the flap
Posted By: TX Rigged Senko

Re: favorite tackle bag - 02/14/18 12:57 AM

Purchased the $50 Spiderwire bag years ago and quickly overloaded the thing. I later purchased a tactical style backpack on sale & some Plano boxes for pond hopping. Still couldn't fit all of my tackle in either smile
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: favorite tackle bag - 02/14/18 02:32 AM

I have a SpiderWire back pack bag. It holds 2 3700's, about 15 or so bags of plastics, my book removers, split ring pliers, hard shell sunglass pouch, a line spooling side thing, and a couple smaller pouches.

It's the ONLY thing I have ever tried from spider wire that hasn't broke.
Posted By: J-2

Re: favorite tackle bag - 02/14/18 03:16 AM

The waterproof BPS (yellow) is what I use. Holds several Plano boxes, cold and or rain gear and has internal pockets for sunglasses, tools. Also has a zippered mesh part to stuff rod Sox/reel covers.
Posted By: Jobucko

Re: favorite tackle bag - 02/14/18 09:47 AM

I purchased the Cabelas Magnum Advanced Angler's bag probably 6 years ago and used it to carry most of my tackle in the small boat I had at the time. Upgraded boats and now store all my tackle in the boat's built in storage areas.

I purchased the Cabela's Large Advanced Angler's bag for use when I fish out of other people's boats. I have dramatically reduced the amount of tackle I carry as a guest limiting myself to a single 3600 crank bait box and a double sided 3600 worm/plastics box. That leaves room in the bag for my rainsuit, misc tools etc. I figure if I need something else I can borrow it from my buddy.
Posted By: Pintail711

Re: favorite tackle bag - 02/14/18 10:40 AM

Academy sack
Posted By: DBFishing83

Re: favorite tackle bag - 02/14/18 11:51 AM

I bought a backpack at Wal Mart for $7
it holds 3 Plano plastic boxes, a small plastic box for worm weights and hooks, cans of scent spray and Spike It juice + as many bags of plastics that I care to stuff in it.
If I need to change more lures than it can carry, I ain't catching any fish.
I can strap it to the back seat pedestal and leaves me all the floor room I need to be comfortable.
Leaves me more room for my Coffee and Baileys
Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

Re: favorite tackle bag - 02/14/18 12:14 PM

Originally Posted By: flukeman83
I bought a backpack at Wal Mart for $7
it holds 3 Plano plastic boxes, a small plastic box for worm weights and hooks, cans of scent spray and Spike It juice + as many bags of plastics that I care to stuff in it.
If I need to change more lures than it can carry, I ain't catching any fish.
I can strap it to the back seat pedestal and leaves me all the floor room I need to be comfortable.
Leaves me more room for my Coffee and Baileys

$7 ? Here's your winner. thumb
Posted By: senko9S

Re: favorite tackle bag - 02/14/18 12:28 PM

I showed up one time on the cali delta with a small suitcase at the ramp to go frogging with Bobby Barrack.
Posted By: 96speed

Re: favorite tackle bag - 02/14/18 04:33 PM

I have this one. Its fine. Nothing special. I had a similar Spiderwire bag before this one. I prefer one without a rubber/molded base because it fits inside the rear storage compartment better and doesn't take up as much room.

Posted By: 96speed

Re: favorite tackle bag - 02/14/18 04:36 PM

Originally Posted By: SteezMacQueen
I have a SpiderWire back pack bag. It holds 2 3700's, about 15 or so bags of plastics, my book removers, split ring pliers, hard shell sunglass pouch, a line spooling side thing, and a couple smaller pouches.

It's the ONLY thing I have ever tried from spider wire that hasn't broke.

This sounds like the one I used to have. The spool line broke and the bag eventually just unraveled. Had to chunk it. Maybe I got a dud.

This is what I had:

Posted By: forkduc

Re: favorite tackle bag - 02/14/18 05:06 PM

I really like the H2O bags, but my zippers broke on Mexico trip last week. Same happened on my H2O rain jacket.
Posted By: 6BOOMER

Re: favorite tackle bag - 02/14/18 06:00 PM

I use this when not in my boat, will fit a lot of equipment. Okeechobee Fats.

Posted By: Ken A.

Re: favorite tackle bag - 02/14/18 08:19 PM

Originally Posted By: J-2
The waterproof BPS (yellow) is what I use. Holds several Plano boxes, cold and or rain gear and has internal pockets for sunglasses, tools. Also has a zippered mesh part to stuff rod Sox/reel covers.

+1

Is especially handy if the carpet is wet. The waterproof bottom keeps the rest of the bag from wicking up
Posted By: fouzman

Re: favorite tackle bag - 02/14/18 08:57 PM

Academy white plastic bag.
Posted By: JCBfromTHF

Re: favorite tackle bag - 02/14/18 11:05 PM

Originally Posted By: fouzman

My tackle box today was a half full quart size zip lock bag that fit right inside my jacket pocket. clap
Posted By: BThomas

Re: favorite tackle bag - 02/14/18 11:07 PM

I have several of those . cheers
Posted By: J.P. Greeson

Re: favorite tackle bag - 02/14/18 11:11 PM

roflmao
Posted By: MV

Re: favorite tackle bag - 02/14/18 11:18 PM

wheel barrow
Posted By: fouzman

Re: favorite tackle bag - 02/15/18 12:13 AM

Originally Posted By: J.P. Greeson

roflmao

I'm not kidding. Walmarx bags will work, too. But I buy a lot more baits at the blue and white.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: favorite tackle bag - 02/15/18 02:15 AM

One of the forum members fishes tourneys with me a lot.....he actually uses a cardboard box as his "tackle box". Hilarious.
Posted By: SWH

Re: favorite tackle bag - 02/15/18 02:50 AM

I tried to use a bag but much prefer my Plano 728. Holds three Plano boxes and the storage up top for soft plastics and side storage for terminal tackle. Seems easier to work out of and doesn’t take up much space.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum