Texas Fishing Forum

UPDATE: Bass Club BS...

Posted By: markson

UPDATE: Bass Club BS... - 02/13/18 07:51 PM

My previous post has been locked (?) so I started this one for an update. After consideration of the criticisms I received from some posters that I considered valid and constructive, I reported my experience to the managing authority for the launch. They have agreed to install new signage at the docks explaining how a courtesy dock is supposed to be used. They will also start enforcing the current reservation system that is in place on Bass Club tournaments (or other large gatherings) to mitigate issues like this. So for all of you other anglers who run into the issue of "dock blocking" by tournament participates try contacting the managing authority for the launch and see if that helps (like I should have done in the first place).
Posted By: Brandon Adamcik

Re: UPDATE: Bass Club BS... - 02/13/18 07:54 PM

popcorn
Posted By: senko9S

Re: UPDATE: Bass Club BS... - 02/13/18 07:55 PM

Originally Posted By: markson
My previous post has been locked (?) so I started this one for an update. After consideration of the criticisms I received from some posters that I considered valid and constructive, I reported my experience to the managing authority for the launch. They have agreed to install new signage at the docks explaining how a courtesy dock is supposed to be used. They will also start enforcing the current reservation system that is in place on Bass Club tournaments (or other large gatherings) to mitigate issues like this. So for all of you other anglers who run into the issue of "dock blocking" by tournament participates try contacting the managing authority for the launch and see if that helps (like I should have done in the first place).

what lake?
Posted By: Brandon Adamcik

Re: UPDATE: Bass Club BS... - 02/13/18 07:55 PM

Reservations....
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: UPDATE: Bass Club BS... - 02/13/18 07:56 PM

Squeaky wheel gets the grease..

Re: UPDATE: Bass Club BS... - 02/13/18 08:00 PM

Originally Posted By: Brandon Adamcik
Reservations....

really? dang, its been that way there since the dawn of time. I used to be the guy in the 90's walking the line from midnight till launch banging on truck windows collecting entry fees. I never really saw a problem launching there, always friendly.
Posted By: fouzman

Re: UPDATE: Bass Club BS... - 02/13/18 08:04 PM

Probably not a good idea to re-post on a subject that's been locked.
Posted By: Brent S

Re: UPDATE: Bass Club BS... - 02/13/18 08:05 PM

What lake?

Re: UPDATE: Bass Club BS... - 02/13/18 08:06 PM

squaw
Posted By: Chris B

Re: UPDATE: Bass Club BS... - 02/13/18 08:23 PM

They should have stuck to just allowing charity tournaments.
Posted By: Ripinlip

Re: UPDATE: Bass Club BS... - 02/13/18 08:45 PM

Going to a power plant lake this time of the year and on a Saturday morning? What did you expect to be the only one there? From your pictures in the old post it looks like you did pretty dang good job catching some good ones! I love going to the lake and Fishing and I would never let nothing or nobody ruin my day!! You may need to re-evaluate this situation!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum