Texas Fishing Forum

Jig colors?

Posted By: i-Fish

Jig colors? - 02/12/18 08:48 PM

North central Texas lakes I'm fishing. I primarily stick with black/blue/green, green pumpkin craw, PB&J. But I'm wondering if any of you guys find success with jigs that feature red/orange like an Alabama craw or Norcal craw color?
Posted By: fouzman

Re: Jig colors? - 02/12/18 09:24 PM

http://www.santonelures.com/store/store_...323324d33574038

00 is far and away my number one color.
Posted By: Sinkey

Re: Jig colors? - 02/12/18 09:51 PM

Originally Posted By: fouzman

Where did they get that awful name of that color? barf roflmao
Posted By: jig magician

Re: Jig colors? - 02/12/18 10:11 PM

Blk Blu jig with a blk red glitter chigger craw
Posted By: mysticslobra

Re: Jig colors? - 02/12/18 10:15 PM

My favorite all time jig has orange in it. It is one of the tungsten jigs that I sell. Color is called crazy craw. It is a green pumpkin base with a little chartreuse and a little orange. Green pumpkin trailer with a little orange dye on the claws and it is lethal!

Here is a link to it:

Crazy Craw Tungsten Jig
Posted By: Big Ned

Re: Jig colors? - 02/12/18 10:28 PM

Keep it simple Black/Blue/ with a black blue craw worm will catch them anywhere. Just have to get it in front of the ones that want to eat.
Posted By: Flooringit

Re: Jig colors? - 02/12/18 10:32 PM

Jigs don’t catch fish. Stick to ned rig and drop shot
Posted By: 1Cast 1Fish

Re: Jig colors? - 02/12/18 11:36 PM

Rocks and timber (Black and blue) or (Crawfish Colors...Red and oranges)
Swim jigs (Silver and black)

Guess I keep it basic...no fancy wild colors for me

Re: Jig colors? - 02/12/18 11:53 PM

Also a big fan of Santone's JC's Spicy Craw for the jig and Pake's Perch for a swim jig and early-season spinnerbait. Both named for friends, but no plug, both help complete the color spectrum and flat out catch fish. That's my top 3. Pair them with a bazillion trailers and good fishing!

honorable mention...white, silver, black in some combination is an outstanding swim jig and summer time gizzard shad imitator.
Posted By: ezbassin

Re: Jig colors? - 02/12/18 11:57 PM

Originally Posted By: fouzman

What is your favorite trailer for that one?

Sloppy Joe is another one that you can put many different color trailers with and it works.

Re: Jig colors? - 02/13/18 02:02 AM

ez, blk/blu flk when it's cloudy, most of the year. Or an Uncle Josh #1 jumbo pork frog in blk/blu, purple or brown. Wish I had some! Black neon plastic when it's sunny. Watermelon red and candy work well with a little chartreuse and orange when you're imitating bream, too cheers
Posted By: Ian Fellenbaum

Re: Jig colors? - 02/13/18 03:09 AM

If I can't catch them on black and blue or green pumpkin I'm not going to catch them. Only other color I would get would be white for swim jigs, with all the trailer options you should be able to "match the hatch" with those three colors.
Posted By: RedRaider3933

Re: Jig colors? - 02/13/18 04:26 AM

Black/blue, green pumpkin, brown. Keep it simple. Don't over think it.

Re: Jig colors? - 02/13/18 10:11 AM

Roger that. Thanks fellas.

Re: Jig colors? - 02/13/18 02:26 PM

I keep the trailer actions pretty dead during the cold months with the zoom chunk. Is it time to liven the action with a different trailer for the Spring?
Posted By: ezbassin

Re: Jig colors? - 02/13/18 07:46 PM

I like black/blue or black/blue/purple, Green pumplin/purple, Green pumpkin/orange, PB&J and a couple of custom skirt colors that I make.

Santone has a huge selection of different colors so you should be able to find several to your liking.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum