Texas Fishing Forum

Insurance qu.

Posted By: ToledoBassin

Insurance qu. - 02/12/18 01:09 PM

Wondering if anybody has experience or knowledge of insurance claims on a blown power head. Is this a possibility?
Posted By: TwoLakes

Re: Insurance qu. - 02/12/18 01:41 PM

I saw a thread on here a couple of weeks ago that said an insurance company covered a guys blown power head. I can't remember the poster's name, but someone can probably recall.

I didn't think that would be covered with insurance and was surprised to read that it was.
Posted By: K.D.

Re: Insurance qu. - 02/12/18 01:42 PM

http://texasfishingforum.com/forums/ubbt...ul#Post12595305
Posted By: Rodney2100

Re: Insurance qu. - 02/12/18 02:01 PM

did you get caught up in some heavy grass and have it wrapped around the lower unit causing it to overheat and blow the power head???
Posted By: ssmith

Re: Insurance qu. - 02/12/18 02:30 PM

some of the companies have motor coverage to their policy but you have ask for it is an add on. most insurance companies don't go for the weeds around the lower unit or the plastic bag over the gearcase anymore. with a lot of the newer motors having computers on them they can hook them up an tell if it was run with a warning horn or it will show a code if it was misused.
Posted By: ToledoBassin

Re: Insurance qu. - 02/12/18 08:35 PM

Thanks for the replies. I'm just trying to see what options are out there. Boat isn't even in the shop yet, bringing it in this afternoon. But, after explaining to a mechanic what was happening, he said his first inclination is power head.

And no, I didn't hit anything or have grass wrapped in LU. in fact I didn't get any alarm before the motor died on me.
Posted By: reinke

Re: Insurance qu. - 02/12/18 11:20 PM

I had insurance cover a blown motor.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum