Texas Fishing Forum

Navionics Chip

Posted By: sparkyorc

Navionics Chip - 02/11/18 03:13 AM

Need some help - just bought new Boat with Lowrance HDS Gen 3 units - fish only Rayburn-which Navionics chip do y’all recommend - thanks !
Posted By: SkeeterRonnie

Re: Navionics Chip - 02/11/18 03:14 AM

nav+
Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

Re: Navionics Chip - 02/11/18 03:17 AM

Navionics Hot Map Platinum South.
Posted By: Donald Harper

Re: Navionics Chip - 02/11/18 04:27 AM

Originally Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES
Navionics Hot Map Platinum South.

This.
Posted By: Corey Stanley

Re: Navionics Chip - 02/12/18 01:08 PM

Depending on what features you are looking for, you cant go wrong with either card mentioned above, either the Navionics+ Regions South card ($149) or the Platinum South card ($199). Both cards have the sonar chart data and have the exact same Nautical Data, but the Platinum card has 3d and satellite overlay capabilities, so depending on what you plan to use or what is important to you in a mapping card is the direction I would recommend. If you do not care about the satellite overlay(makes the land and some shallow water look like google earth instead of just the yellow colored land)then I would save the $50 and go with the Navionics+ regions card, but if those features appeal to you then I would go the Platinum route. Either way you cant go wrong, both will give you 1' contours and the sonar chart layer.
Posted By: Fishingking

Re: Navionics Chip - 02/12/18 04:13 PM

I would not trust Navionics. Shown humps that weren't there along with other things. But to be fair I have found the problem with other systems also.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum