Texas Fishing Forum

Sam Rayburn Txtt

Posted By: Barrett

Sam Rayburn Txtt - 02/10/18 10:59 PM

Bet the lake gets a little popular after that weigh in. Unreal! 30 bags at 20 and 2 over 30 with 37 taking the W.
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: Sam Rayburn Txtt - 02/11/18 12:08 AM

Can't get more busy than it is already. Last year champs had 50 over 20. But it's not easy to catch them right now. The good ones anyway
Posted By: Clark3

Re: Sam Rayburn Txtt - 02/11/18 12:10 AM

Originally Posted By: Jaret Latta
Can't get more busy than it is already. Last year champs had 50 over 20. But it's not easy to catch them right now. The good ones anyway

Yea lake looks real tough right now

Re: Sam Rayburn Txtt - 02/11/18 12:12 AM

Originally Posted By: Clark3

roflmao
Posted By: the skipper

Re: Sam Rayburn Txtt - 02/11/18 12:38 AM

Originally Posted By: Clark3

Or it shows the quality of the field that fish these big tournaments. They make it look a lot easier than it is.

Re: Sam Rayburn Txtt - 02/11/18 12:40 AM

Head on out there and catch 25+ if you think it's easy. Look at the names. The same people that always catch them no matter how big the field is.

Re: Sam Rayburn Txtt - 02/11/18 12:42 AM

Only 5 teams were able to do that (incredible) I just was making a statement that the lake is fishing fantastic and really putting out. Never said it was easy. I dont think any other lake in Texas puts out like that second week of feb.
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: Sam Rayburn Txtt - 02/11/18 12:57 AM

Originally Posted By: Barrett
Only 5 teams were able to do that (incredible) I just was making a statement that the lake is fishing fantastic and really putting out. Never said it was easy. I dont think any other lake in Texas puts out like that second week of feb.

Rayburn, TB and Palestine, all those girls "put out" in February

Re: Sam Rayburn Txtt - 02/11/18 01:00 AM

Heard 13 pounds to get a check in champs on falcon.

Re: Sam Rayburn Txtt - 02/11/18 01:05 AM

Head on out there and catch 25+ if you think it's easy. Look at the names. The same people that always catch them no matter how big the field is.

Just a joke lol I️ just don’t think the lake is locked up
Posted By: Chasin Hogs

Re: Sam Rayburn Txtt - 02/11/18 01:13 AM

Clark was too busy waiting in line to get his hat signed by Lunkers to show up.

Re: Sam Rayburn Txtt - 02/11/18 01:27 AM

Originally Posted By: Chasin Hogs

Lmao. No was too busy smoking the crappie out on PK to show up
Posted By: WAWI

Re: Sam Rayburn Txtt - 02/11/18 01:44 AM

roflmao
Posted By: gut hooked

Re: Sam Rayburn Txtt - 02/11/18 01:47 AM

It poured rain until noon. The fog made running main lake dangerous. The conditions were horrible. I fished it and i have only has worse weather and conditions off shore. The numbers are ridiculous given the conditions.

Re: Sam Rayburn Txtt - 02/11/18 01:59 AM

Originally Posted By: gut hooked
It poured rain until noon. The fog made running main lake dangerous. The condotoons were horrible. I fished it and i have only has worse weather and consitions off shore. The numbers are ridiculous given the conditions.

Yea gotta watch when the condotoons get bad, and especially when the consitions get bad

Re: Sam Rayburn Txtt - 02/11/18 02:02 AM

Ok buddy....well played
Posted By: Chris Borden

Re: Sam Rayburn Txtt - 02/11/18 03:26 AM

Originally Posted By: WAWI

roflmao

Stop picking on the handicapped!

Re: Sam Rayburn Txtt - 02/11/18 04:14 AM

Toledo would have done it today.

Re: Sam Rayburn Txtt - 02/11/18 09:49 AM

Originally Posted By: the skipper

Toledo will next weekend. Not 37 or 30 over 20 but with those temps forecast this week it will be on
Posted By: sight fisher

Re: Sam Rayburn Txtt - 02/11/18 03:47 PM

I thought the conditions were almost perfect. The wind was light, air temp wasn't cold, cloudy/foggy, and front came in at the end of the fishing day. The rain was the only exception I thought.

Re: Sam Rayburn Txtt - 02/11/18 04:11 PM

Toledo will next weekend. Not 37 or 30 over 20 but with those temps forecast this week it will be on

After fishing yesterday I think it can get pretty close. Our little club tournament did pretty dang good.

Re: Sam Rayburn Txtt - 02/11/18 09:01 PM

After fishing yesterday I think it can get pretty close. Our little club tournament did pretty dang good.

Depends on how hard that wind blows. Front rolling through Friday or Friday night
Posted By: reelswift

Re: Sam Rayburn Txtt - 02/11/18 11:58 PM

Originally Posted By: gut hooked
It poured rain until noon. The fog made running main lake dangerous. The conditions were horrible. I fished it and i have only has worse weather and conditions off shore. The numbers are ridiculous given the conditions.

Was it a trailering tournament ?

Re: Sam Rayburn Txtt - 02/12/18 12:11 AM

Yes they trailered

Re: Sam Rayburn Txtt - 02/12/18 12:43 AM

Originally Posted By: sight fisher
I thought the conditions were almost perfect. The wind was light, air temp wasn't cold, cloudy/foggy, and front came in at the end of the fishing day. The rain was the only exception I thought.

I don't know....the rain sucked and the pea soup fog until noon had me puckered on several occasions....with two boats on plane missing by 35-40 yds.....
Posted By: pil,b

Re: Sam Rayburn Txtt - 02/12/18 03:30 AM

With fog like that some body will make the news. I think Champs turned them loose at 10 am

Re: Sam Rayburn Txtt - 02/12/18 02:59 PM

Originally Posted By: pil,b
With fog like that some body will make the news. I think Champs turned them loose at 10 am

It was either trailer or cancel it. Fog never completely lifted. Some areas cleared after noon and some areas got worse. Guys mostly used common sense and i heard of no issues.
Posted By: WAWI

Re: Sam Rayburn Txtt - 02/12/18 03:31 PM

It was either trailer or cancel it. Fog never completely lifted. Some areas cleared after noon and some areas got worse. Guys mostly used common sense and i heard of no issues.

So it was trailer?
Posted By: Outlaw Outdoors

Re: Sam Rayburn Txtt - 02/12/18 03:42 PM

Originally Posted By: WAWI

So it was trailer?

Yes, they made the call Friday evening to allow trailering.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum