Texas Fishing Forum

Cold front this morning

Posted By: Patrnflyr

Cold front this morning - 02/10/18 10:22 AM

Kind of bummed out as we had reservations for Squaw Creek today. The weatherman scared us away. Not necessarily because of the major cold front and being able to handle it but I’ve found on post front days, the fish seem to get lock jaws. Wanted the first trip out to be a winner and I’ve never fish this lake so have been pretty excited
Posted By: woolyhogtail

Re: Cold front this morning - 02/10/18 10:33 AM

You should still go, I’ve had some of my best days the few hours before the front actually hits
Posted By: Patrnflyr

Re: Cold front this morning - 02/10/18 12:55 PM

Yeah but the front hit us in Granbury at 4:41am. We kept it an option until late last night. The more we studied the approaching front, the worse it looked. Actually came in even earlier than expected. (We we’re predicting around 9am). Oh well, we’ll give it another shot after my vacation.

I’ve done a search but is there a “go to”thread on Squaw Creek? I’d like to store it and refer to it when we plan to go again
Posted By: senko9S

Re: Cold front this morning - 02/10/18 01:49 PM

dude, today is the day. someone is gonna catch a teener. but not at squaw, out east somewhere.
Posted By: Chris_K

Re: Cold front this morning - 02/10/18 02:13 PM

Wouldn’t it not be “post front” until the front has left? Or do fish lock up when the front actually hits?
Posted By: GROD

Re: Cold front this morning - 02/10/18 02:38 PM

Squaw is a different lake than any other... you should have gone... those fish eat regardless of what the conditions are.
Posted By: criglizard

Re: Cold front this morning - 02/10/18 03:52 PM

Today is probably a great day to be on squaw.
Posted By: needmofish

Re: Cold front this morning - 02/10/18 03:56 PM

By the look of it probably in fog delay.
Posted By: criglizard

Re: Cold front this morning - 02/10/18 04:25 PM

True. Afternoon will be the best time to fish anyways. Noon-sunset.
Posted By: Happykamper

Re: Cold front this morning - 02/10/18 09:20 PM

Originally Posted By: criglizard
Today is probably a great day to be on squaw.

It was miserable, they called all boats in around 1130-12, bad fog.

Posted By: bradnitro175

Re: Cold front this morning - 02/10/18 09:51 PM

Today is a great day to sit by the heater
Posted By: BNKrust

Re: Cold front this morning - 02/10/18 11:42 PM

The fishing was good on Squaw, if you could get out of the wind. My hands are still tingly from being frozen for 4+ hours.
Posted By: Stikslinger

Re: Cold front this morning - 02/11/18 02:22 AM

Yep, great day today. We caught around 50 today. Biggest was 4.5. Brutally cold and the fog was crazy. Could only see about 40 yards most of the morning. Feeling in finger tips still has not returned.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Cold front this morning - 02/11/18 02:24 AM

Great day .....while it lasted.

Tomorrow=reality check.
Posted By: Razorback

Re: Cold front this morning - 02/11/18 02:53 AM

I am just now getting warm. A fog delay meant we didn't weigh in until 5:00 and the wind this afternoon was icy.
Posted By: lconn4

Re: Cold front this morning - 02/11/18 03:40 AM

Rain and fog most of the day but not much wind and fish were still biting on Murvaul.

© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum