Posted By: HARD WORKN HAROLD

I love to fish - 02/09/18 06:54 PM

Does any one love to fish rockon
Posted By: Mrg0117

Re: I love to fish - 02/09/18 07:25 PM

I love fishing as well banana
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: I love to fish - 02/09/18 07:28 PM

I hate fishing! Catching, though....that's another story.
Posted By: Fish2222

Re: I love to fish - 02/09/18 07:32 PM

It's an addiction....a sick, twisted, painful addiction.
I gotta go hitch up the boat.
Posted By: bo tbo

Re: I love to fish - 02/09/18 08:53 PM

I'm Addicted.
Posted By: TEXASJIGSTER

Re: I love to fish - 02/09/18 09:02 PM

I really love it when I don't have a cell phone signal.
Posted By: seahunt

Re: I love to fish - 02/09/18 09:20 PM

I could fish, like RIGHT NOW!
Posted By: karstopo

Re: I love to fish - 02/09/18 09:22 PM

I like fishing. I like the puzzle, where are you fish today and what is it you are up to. The take and the tug is the reward for solving the equation. Some days the math is easy and some days hard, but it focuses the mind better than just about anything.

Sometimes, it’s fun sitting in a boat or on a dock or at the beach with your friends and a couple of lines out to just chill and catch up. But then there are those days you want to hunt the fish, stalk them with all your stealth and skill and then lay in that great cast and get the inhale. Sunfish, Bass, Crappie, Catfish, Redfish, Speckled Trout, Flounder, Snapper, King Mackerel, I think most all have something attractive about them. Everyone has their favorites.

Fishing is my reset button. It gets me back where I want to be. It makes the world seem just right. Nothing else really comes close.
Posted By: Kay Dyson

Re: I love to fish - 02/09/18 09:41 PM

Not today, major fail, maybe next week I'll like it again fish
Posted By: bloo_rainger

Re: I love to fish - 02/09/18 10:02 PM

I like to run over people fishing in the boat lane. frkazoid
Posted By: T 4 FISH

Re: I love to fish - 02/10/18 01:09 AM

I like tacos...
Posted By: outfishdya

Re: I love to fish - 02/10/18 02:01 AM

I had to give up my drinking so I could afford to fish.
Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

Re: I love to fish - 02/10/18 02:13 AM

Originally Posted By: RedSkeeter

What was the water temp today Billy ?

Re: I love to fish - 02/10/18 02:28 AM

Originally Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

47-49.4.. I did see a guy boxing slot fish then taking them to someone that will remain unnamed for pictures of said slot fish. He was on some nice ones, but obviously slots.. I wasn't the only one to see this..SMDH..
Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

Re: I love to fish - 02/10/18 02:40 AM

47-49.4.. I did see a guy boxing slot fish then taking them to someone that will remain unnamed for pictures of said slot fish. He was on some nice ones, but obviously slots.. I wasn't the only one to see this..SMDH..

Thanks Billy, temps on the rise next week so maybe we get some mid 50* water. I saw a guy cleaning 4 slot fish one time and I told him those were slot fish and illegal to keep, told me to mind my own business. He was from Arkansas and never heard of slot fish. SMDH too.
Posted By: FlatBack4

Re: I love to fish - 02/10/18 02:41 AM

Originally Posted By: karstopo
I like fishing. I like the puzzle, where are you fish today and what is it you are up to. The take and the tug is the reward for solving the equation. Some days the math is easy and some days hard, but it focuses the mind better than just about anything.

Sometimes, it’s fun sitting in a boat or on a dock or at the beach with your friends and a couple of lines out to just chill and catch up. But then there are those days you want to hunt the fish, stalk them with all your stealth and skill and then lay in that great cast and get the inhale. Sunfish, Bass, Crappie, Catfish, Redfish, Speckled Trout, Flounder, Snapper, King Mackerel, I think most all have something attractive about them. Everyone has their favorites.

Fishing is my reset button. It gets me back where I want to be. It makes the world seem just right. Nothing else really comes close.

Well put, particularly regarding the "reset button".
Posted By: JBellZX250

Re: I love to fish - 02/10/18 02:48 AM

Originally Posted By: T 4 FISH
I like tacos...

Tacos?!?! That’s what I’m talking about!!!

Re: I love to fish - 02/10/18 02:55 AM

Thanks Billy, temps on the rise next week so maybe we get some mid 50* water. I saw a guy cleaning 4 slot fish one time and I told him those were slot fish and illegal to keep, told me to mind my own business. He was from Arkansas and never heard of slot fish. SMDH too.

Where did that misty rain come from today, I was soaked, but, your right Ronnie we get some mid 50's, it'll be on.. found some spots that survived the cold and coots.. good grass in 2-4 foot, had my juices flowing but no bites-----yet. To be continued for now...
Posted By: H2ODawg67

Re: I love to fish - 02/10/18 03:29 AM

I'll take a little spin off of Mountain Men, "if I don't get me some fish soon, I'm gonna diiieee!!!".
Posted By: fivebites

Re: I love to fish - 02/10/18 05:27 PM

Sorry I am late to this party...I was fishing.
Posted By: TinRangerJim

Re: I love to fish - 02/10/18 07:57 PM

I love fishing...it's the expense that goes with it that I don't like...
Posted By: lucky55

Re: I love to fish - 02/10/18 08:14 PM

Love it. Not so much in wind like this though
Posted By: Reds Bass Guide on Sandlin

Re: I love to fish - 02/12/18 03:30 AM

Ya know. There's a lot to it. I have heard my wife's friends say a few thing's like (I won't put the worm on the hook) or (It's so hot out there) They have no idea what we do.. My wife will go with me but will sun's on the back of the boat reading magazine's. And that's fine. I took several groups of kid's (mid 20ies) out this last year and put them on some fish and it was very rewarding. But really it's that feeling of being a part of nature for that short time. The fresh air , Sun rise, Peaceful cove just fishing along not giving a [censored] about anything... Then there's the hunting aspect. Changing spot's and bait's trying to get it right just for that day and when you catch a few and let em go you have accomplished something that your good at. It feels good. gezzz is it spring time yet.. I'm watching ice skating..
Posted By: RCarter

Re: I love to fish - 02/12/18 12:03 PM

Originally Posted By: SteezMacQueen

+1
Posted By: PettyBigBass

Re: I love to fish - 02/12/18 12:16 PM

I love seeing a man declaring to to the world to work hard in a society that says don't work hard! You deserve 4 more weeks of vacation this year so you can go fish!
Posted By: DNA

Re: I love to fish - 02/12/18 01:10 PM

I am addicted in fishing. Life is good outside.
Posted By: Fisherdad58

Re: I love to fish - 02/12/18 02:11 PM

Originally Posted By: RCarter
Originally Posted By: SteezMacQueen

+1

Man you guys are in the wrong game.

What more can you ask for. You get to play with all that fun and expensive fishin stuff, be out an the water on a boat, standing next to a pond or stream, you only have to do it when you want to and you even get to catch some sometime.
I'll probly be doing it till I die.
Posted By: BriannShell

Re: I love to fish - 02/12/18 06:44 PM

That's a little unsettling....especially since there was a tourney the next day where the format was weighing and photographing in the boat so slots could be counted...sure hope it wasn't someone participating in that!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum