Texas Fishing Forum

Humminbird Helix CHIRP with MEGA Imaging vs Elite-Ti Series

Posted By: NitroUSAF

Humminbird Helix CHIRP with MEGA Imaging vs Elite-Ti Series - 02/09/18 03:20 PM

I am looking at the Elite-Ti Series. I know is a lot cheaper than the carbon series but I am not sure how it compare the Humminbird Helix CHIRP with MEGA Imaging. So any first hand advice would be grateful
Posted By: Shallow Waters

Re: Humminbird Helix CHIRP with MEGA Imaging vs Elite-Ti Series - 02/09/18 03:37 PM

What are you looking to use it for the most? SI, DI, 2D? The HB Mega will be significantly better for SI, decently better for DI, and 2d could go either way depending on your preference but lots of people lean toward Lowrance for 2D. I have Mega units and have thought about getting a lowrance unit for the 2d as well but the benefit of doing this is too situational for me to pull the trigger.

Brothers boat has Elite TI which is where my lowrance experience is coming from.
Posted By: javelin150

Re: Humminbird Helix CHIRP with MEGA Imaging vs Elite-Ti Series - 02/09/18 03:52 PM

The Humminbird will be way better in Si and DI, not even close. 2d switchfire on Humminbird is pretty dang good. The Humminbird Helix series with Mega has more capabilities than the Elite Ti. It has better networking, better imaging, Autochart live, 360 compatible, 2 year warranty....the list goes one.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum