Texas Fishing Forum

Lake Alvarado

Posted By: chevy2011

Lake Alvarado - 02/05/18 02:07 PM

Hey, does anyone know the status of Lake Alvarado's ramp. Is it usable or is it
still blocked? When the water warms up would like to try it.

hmmm
Posted By: Taylored

Re: Lake Alvarado - 02/05/18 04:44 PM

Still blocked as far as I know.
Posted By: catslayer

Re: Lake Alvarado - 02/06/18 03:43 AM

I know some guys on that job... ill see what i can find out tomorrow
Posted By: AggieClint2005

Re: Lake Alvarado - 02/06/18 06:43 AM

It’s open. Project is on hold due to contractor wanting to drop the lake level 4-5 feet to complete the project. Talked to someone from the city and that was reportedly the word. Fished out there the last two Friday’s and the ramp is open to boats. The ramp is still a battlefield, but it’s open.
Posted By: guntz67

Re: Lake Alvarado - 02/06/18 06:50 AM

Yep its open

Re: Lake Alvarado - 02/06/18 05:19 PM

Close enough to the real story for general consumption... a few details off but thats splitting hairs. Main issue is lake level drop. TPWD didn't like the idea of lake level drop(even though temporary) and threatened to pull funding. Contrator hasnt responded with a plan B. Guys i know said its looking like a cluster in progress...

Ive seen the actual paper plans for the layout, and lord i hope they get it done it could be NICE
Posted By: Taylored

Re: Lake Alvarado - 02/06/18 06:35 PM

The main issue I see with the lake level drop is what could happen to all of the reeds. Not sure if it would affect them but it could be a possibility.

Re: Lake Alvarado - 02/06/18 07:47 PM

Originally Posted By: Taylored
The main issue I see with the lake level drop is what could happen to all of the reeds. Not sure if it would affect them but it could be a possibility.

I think it would HELP them... Would probably make the patches bigger in the short term cause they would grow out at the edges, happened during the drought. the edges grew out while water was lower, then it came up and they were too deep and started dying back off. but when there were reeds in that little bit deeper water... man that's my favourite. That said I still think the lake is on the low part of the cycle from the HAMMERING it took during the drought. 3 tourneys a week on it was NOT good

I think TPWD is thinking more about timeline, that lake has SHALLOW water but very little in between water. With spawn coming up you have an issue on how it might effect spawn, TPWD also probably doesn't want the complaints of all the spring skiers and fisherman who cant use the lake, or think TPWD is destroying a resource. My bet is they don't want to deal with the complaints more than anything... and then the spawn is a seconndary issue
Posted By: basscaster46

Re: Lake Alvarado - 02/08/18 02:42 AM

So is ramp and parking still same? Has anything been done at all?
Most importantly are the fish biteing?
J D
Posted By: tx2va07

Re: Lake Alvarado - 02/08/18 02:45 AM

Originally Posted By: basscaster46
So is ramp and parking still same? Has anything been done at all?
Most importantly are the fish biteing?
J D

Nothing has changed.

Re: Lake Alvarado - 02/10/18 12:28 AM

That’s funny
Posted By: chevy2011

Re: Lake Alvarado - 02/11/18 06:26 PM

Thanks for all that good info. Now if the weather would cooperate, might have to give the lake a try during the week. smile

Re: Lake Alvarado - 02/12/18 12:20 AM

Yeah me too
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum