Texas Fishing Forum

Garmin Lakevu HD Ultra

Posted By: Jason Daniel Outdoors

Garmin Lakevu HD Ultra - 02/03/18 11:02 PM

Seriously not happy with the Lakevu HD Ultra at this moment. Purchased this product so I could have Sam Rayburn and Toledo Bend in Max Def and it's far short. For instance, Toledo Bend only has the major creeks south of the Pendelton Bridge mapped. Garmin, how about San Miguel, San Patricio, Patroon??? Nothing. I realize Garmin is new to this game, but 2 of the best lakes in the country don't have some of the best fishing areas even charted to show contour lines. The Canyons and Black Forest areas on Rayburn are not even surveyed. I like the Garmin brand but if this is not corrected I can see myself switching back to Humminbird and Lakemaster!!!! Rant complete.
Posted By: coachallentca

Re: Garmin Lakevu HD Ultra - 02/03/18 11:51 PM

just wait as the bought up a mapping company. They do their own mapping so it can take time. I love my garmin and will not go back to bird or Lowrance. Panoptix is just to good.
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: Garmin Lakevu HD Ultra - 02/04/18 01:37 AM

Welcome to navionics users all these years. For years there would be 1ft contours then drop off with vast areas blank. I heard lakemaster has all of the north end mapped just not released
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum