Texas Fishing Forum

Lake o the pines boat lanes

Posted By: billybigbass

Lake o the pines boat lanes - 02/03/18 09:05 PM

Can someone tell me if all the lanes are clearly marked?
I've never been, and will be prefishing next weekend for a high school team. The lake is full of stumps right?
I don't want to put my kids in any danger.
Posted By: PaPa@fork

Re: Lake o the pines boat lanes - 02/03/18 09:30 PM

Only on the north end up by hwy 155 is what I would call bad and they have so much more/ better spots to pick from without going up there. 2cents
It’s not full of stumps like Fork is.
Posted By: Shallow Waters

Re: Lake o the pines boat lanes - 02/03/18 10:16 PM

Yes, the lane is clearly marked with telephone poles. It is not a 2 sided lane though, all boats stay to the right of the poles (headed north, left headed south) until you get to the 155 bridge, then there are poles on both side of the lane and you just stay in the middle. The lane is very curvy though so keep an eye out for the next pole
Posted By: Shallow Waters

Re: Lake o the pines boat lanes - 02/03/18 10:17 PM

Also, Lance Vick has a pines boat lane card if you have a graph that will take a card. It is a good investment for a first time trip on pines
Posted By: Pintail711

Re: Lake o the pines boat lanes - 02/03/18 10:28 PM

Yes all boat lanes are clearly marked.. 1). South of Medlin creek even with Pine Hill gets really shallow when the lake is low. 2.) when you make the turn past the jack Hudson sign west of willow point, there’s a stump in the channel. 3) up near 26 landing, lone star ramp, there’s another stump in the channel. All of which are only dangerous when the lake is low...

Re: Lake o the pines boat lanes - 02/03/18 10:29 PM

You can run the boat lines just fine.
Posted By: billybigbass

Re: Lake o the pines boat lanes - 02/04/18 03:41 AM

Thanks guys!!
Posted By: RedRanger

Re: Lake o the pines boat lanes - 02/04/18 10:52 AM

Originally Posted By: Pintail711

I have only been on the lake a few times and fished past the telephone poles.

It seems as if crappie fisherman tie up to the poles and then some boats will come off plane and make a dangerous situation if there is a few boats using the boat lanes.

How close do you need to stay to the telephone poles? Can you pass a boat or is that asking for trouble

Re: Lake o the pines boat lanes - 02/04/18 12:41 PM

Originally Posted By: RedRanger
Originally Posted By: Pintail711

I have only been on the lake a few times and fished past the telephone poles.

It seems as if crappie fisherman tie up to the poles and then some boats will come off plane and make a dangerous situation if there is a few boats using the boat lanes.

How close do you need to stay to the telephone poles? Can you pass a boat or is that asking for trouble

It just depends on where you’re at really. Since you’re not familiar with the lake, I’d just come off pad and idle past them. When the lake is full, you really don’t have to worry about anything just outside the channel. The only place I would not run is past the water intake when the channel markers end on the north end.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum