Texas Fishing Forum

G-Force Prop Nut

Posted By: Shallow Waters

G-Force Prop Nut - 02/02/18 07:23 PM

Anybody run a G-Force Prop Nut on their trolling motor? I dont have any complaints with my trolling motor now, but wondering if these make a noticeable difference or not. I realize most people will think they are waste of money and not necessary, but if you have one please let me know what you think about them. THanks,
Posted By: Txduckhunter

Re: G-Force Prop Nut - 02/02/18 07:27 PM

have one on mine, haven't noticed any difference. Fortrex 112
Posted By: Corey Stanley

Re: G-Force Prop Nut - 02/02/18 07:48 PM

I run one on mine, havent noticed a huge difference but will say it is really nice if you have to remove the prop while fishing to remove line or trash around your prop shaft. Instead of having to stop and get tools, just unscrew it, clean off trash and put back on....very convenient.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: G-Force Prop Nut - 02/02/18 07:48 PM

Not difference that is POSITIVE. it can actually mask a real problem and cause premature wear.

I'd avoid the gimmick.
Posted By: Chet

Re: G-Force Prop Nut - 02/02/18 08:01 PM

I've noticed less vibration and noise.

Re: G-Force Prop Nut - 02/02/18 08:04 PM

Originally Posted By: Chet
the vibration and noise is a poorly aligned housing, bent shaft, or an unbalanced prop. "Not hearing" the noises doesn't make the excessive wear and tear go away.

Just saying.
Posted By: Shallow Waters

Re: G-Force Prop Nut - 02/02/18 08:34 PM

Originally Posted By: Corey Stanley
I run one on mine, havent noticed a huge difference but will say it is really nice if you have to remove the prop while fishing to remove line or trash around your prop shaft. Instead of having to stop and get tools, just unscrew it, clean off trash and put back on....very convenient.

This was my thought too, even if it didnt improve the motor it would make checking the prop for line, etc. a little easier. I never check the TM for line because I never think about it once I am home.
Posted By: bigbass94

Re: G-Force Prop Nut - 02/02/18 09:50 PM

Honestly, I think they do help a little. I feel it cuts down the vibration, but I wouldn't say it makes your TM more quiet. In the end I guess it's worth the money.
Posted By: Chet

Re: G-Force Prop Nut - 02/02/18 09:57 PM

Originally Posted By: SteezMacQueen
the vibration and noise is a poorly aligned housing, bent shaft, or an unbalanced prop. "Not hearing" the noises doesn't make the excessive wear and tear go away.

Just saying.

No the noise was what I think is normal on high, and don't think it's as noisy now. But sure you know better. Just saying.
Posted By: bigbass94

Re: G-Force Prop Nut - 02/02/18 10:02 PM

Just saying.

No the noise was what I think is normal on high, and don't thimk it's as noisy now. But sure you know better. Just saying.

Don't worry about Steez. He's just mad because he has a Motor Guide. grin
Posted By: J-2

Re: G-Force Prop Nut - 02/02/18 10:44 PM

I don't see how it can cause any abnormal wear and tear. I didn't notice any difference/reduction in noise or vibration. Just think of it as a cool accessory.

Re: G-Force Prop Nut - 02/02/18 11:57 PM

Originally Posted By: bigbass94

Just saying.

No the noise was what I think is normal on high, and don't thimk it's as noisy now. But sure you know better. Just saying.

Don't worry about Steez. He's just mad because he has a Motor Guide. grin

I don't even have a motorguide as a door step!

Ultrex baby......one of the VERY FIRST 80lbs made.
Posted By: SkeeterRonnie

Re: G-Force Prop Nut - 02/03/18 12:02 AM

Cool accessory until it fades and becomes pink!!!
Posted By: Chris Coufal

Re: G-Force Prop Nut - 02/03/18 03:26 AM

I like mine....less vibration on my junky Maxxum 101 and it makes checking for line quick and simple.
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: G-Force Prop Nut - 02/03/18 01:47 PM

I got my prop nut free using my bass pro points and I am less than impressed. Maybe my tm was perfect from the get go, but it has done nothing to make any difference.

Now my buddy swears that his makes his batteries last longer and is a lot quieter, he might just be trying to justify having spent $50 on it though.
Posted By: Matt Jackson

Re: G-Force Prop Nut - 02/03/18 02:49 PM

I wish I could find the under water video that explained the noise. There was a considerable difference in sound between prop nuts. Sure they could have edited the video but it was a softer sound. The red ones will fade over time. If nothing else it does make for a quick prop change.
Posted By: Dan21XRS

Re: G-Force Prop Nut - 02/03/18 06:40 PM

I bought it for convenience... Easy to remove the prop and check for fishing line... Dan
Posted By: LDP

Re: G-Force Prop Nut - 02/05/18 05:16 PM

I like mine and it is on a Motorguide.
Posted By: Kay Dyson

Re: G-Force Prop Nut - 02/05/18 06:13 PM

Originally Posted By: SkeeterRonnie
Cool accessory until it fades and becomes pink!!!
mine did the same, kinda hissed me off its only couple yrs old on a garage kept boat.. I guess we can re-powder coat them Ronnie.. hmmm
Posted By: the skipper

Re: G-Force Prop Nut - 02/05/18 06:15 PM

I ran one for a long time but one day I decided to take it off and see if I could hear a difference. It stayed off after that. It seemed to make any little wobble worse which is weird because you would think it would have the opposite effect because it's putting pressure farther out on the prop. I still have it and may try it again later. I did see that video mentioned above. It was a guy in Australia I think with a different brand but the same thing.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum