Texas Fishing Forum

Biggest bass you have boat flipped

Posted By: Fishing4Life_LivingLife

Biggest bass you have boat flipped - 02/02/18 04:18 AM

Saw this on another page and thought it is a fun topic. What's the biggest bass you have boat flipped?

For me it was a 10.4 swimbait fish. I luckily had the go pro on that day. smile

https://youtu.be/cwPIZsKro3o
Posted By: Donald Harper

Re: Biggest bass you have boat flipped - 02/02/18 04:24 AM

Very nice job. Flip 5 to 8 lb. fish in Mexico all day long; but never a 10. They go in the net. Thanks for sharing.
Posted By: Billy Blazer 300 HPDI

Re: Biggest bass you have boat flipped - 02/02/18 04:25 AM

I'm guessing 4 to 4 and half pounds maybe larger can't remember. We used to flip some good fish out of the willows on Lake Corpus Christi, Choke and Falcon back in the 80's.
Posted By: Ripinlip

Re: Biggest bass you have boat flipped - 02/02/18 04:29 AM

7.2 swimbait fish on Lake Fork she was literally right under the boat! I even got to see her devour the 3:16 I didn’t even reel just flipped her in!!
Posted By: Jpurdue

Re: Biggest bass you have boat flipped - 02/02/18 01:01 PM

I've flipped a few 6's I've called wrong at 5's.
Posted By: tricky

Re: Biggest bass you have boat flipped - 02/02/18 01:32 PM

I flipped a fish in the 6 pound class at Fork. Brand new Falcon Cara. Broke 6 inches off the tip...
Although I still flip fish, it gives you something to think about. Probably my error.
Posted By: BMCD

Re: Biggest bass you have boat flipped - 02/02/18 01:51 PM

Watched a friend of mine boat flip an 8lber.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Biggest bass you have boat flipped - 02/02/18 01:56 PM

I thought about flipping an 8 pounder cause I didn't give a [censored]. But a TFF memeber was fishing with me and he lipped her for me.

Javelin....you there? Wanna tell the story?
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: Biggest bass you have boat flipped - 02/02/18 02:47 PM

I guess you're only limited by the tackle on how big a fish you can boat flip and technique but I never do it on anything over 4-5lbs. Certainly not big fish due to risk of injury. Just my opinion, I'd hate to know I injured a 8+ just for kicks and my go pro fans...
Posted By: Hog Jaw

Re: Biggest bass you have boat flipped - 02/02/18 02:51 PM

That video is Crazy Good , all the Bass Gods were on board with you plus your equipment was dialed in , biggest for me is a 6 and it was very iffy. Nice Work .
Posted By: Texan Til I Die

Re: Biggest bass you have boat flipped - 02/02/18 03:02 PM

Back to back 7's at Falcon when it was hot. We hit a ridge that was so loaded with big fish you didn't have time to fool with the net. Lipped several 8's and 9's but the only fish we netted on that spot was an 11-06 my partner caught.
Posted By: BCBassCat

Re: Biggest bass you have boat flipped - 02/02/18 03:04 PM

7.89 pounder
Posted By: kellisag

Re: Biggest bass you have boat flipped - 02/02/18 03:10 PM

probably 4-5lbs
Posted By: Bruce Allen

Re: Biggest bass you have boat flipped - 02/02/18 03:24 PM

4.5 on a frog on 15 # seagaur fluorocarbon. Thought about it afterwards and said to myself..good way to loose a tournament.
Posted By: bigbass94

Re: Biggest bass you have boat flipped - 02/02/18 03:32 PM

5 pounds
Posted By: Sinkey

Re: Biggest bass you have boat flipped - 02/02/18 03:38 PM

Originally Posted By: Jaret Latta
I never do it on anything over 4-5lbs. Certainly not big fish due to risk of injury. Just my opinion, I'd hate to know I injured a 8+ just for kicks and my go pro fans...

THIS!
Posted By: Phototex

Re: Biggest bass you have boat flipped - 02/02/18 03:47 PM

I seldom boat flip. It wasn't intentional, but once on Willow Beach Lake off the Arkansas River, I set the hook with an old Fenwick flippin' stick and flipped a 7+ all the way over the boat and into the water on the other side (It was my first flip at that location, and didn't realize the water was less than 2 feet deep). It was funny. Wish I'd had a GoPro back then!
Posted By: TBassYates

Re: Biggest bass you have boat flipped - 02/02/18 04:18 PM

I boat flipped a 10.18 lber night fishing on Bob Sandlin once and an 8.52 and 8.49 in a Honey Hole tournament on Sam Rayburn once.
Posted By: 361V

Re: Biggest bass you have boat flipped - 02/02/18 04:50 PM

I guess you're only limited by the tackle on how big a fish you can boat flip and technique but I never do it on anything over 4-5lbs. Certainly not big fish due to risk of injury.
Ya, injury to me!
Posted By: Ripinlip

Re: Biggest bass you have boat flipped - 02/02/18 05:04 PM

Ain’t that what Flippin rods are for? roflmao
Posted By: RudiTexas

Re: Biggest bass you have boat flipped - 02/02/18 05:09 PM

Originally Posted By: Bruce Allen
4.5 on a frog on 15 # seagaur fluorocarbon. Thought about it afterwards and said to myself..good way to loose a tournament.
you were throwing a frog on 15 lbs fluoro... in a tournament?
Posted By: BWG

Re: Biggest bass you have boat flipped - 02/02/18 08:07 PM

Originally Posted By: RudiTexas
Originally Posted By: Bruce Allen
you were throwing a frog on 15 lbs fluoro... in a tournament?

My thoughts exactly. How is this even possible????
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: Biggest bass you have boat flipped - 02/03/18 05:41 AM

Originally Posted By: Fishing4Life_LivingLife
Saw this on another page and thought it is a fun topic. What's the biggest bass you have boat flipped?

For me it was a 10.4 swimbait fish. I luckily had the go pro on that day. smile

https://youtu.be/cwPIZsKro3o

Video is sick!
Posted By: Okie Poke

Re: Biggest bass you have boat flipped - 02/03/18 01:00 PM

Bout 80.......seriously, we boat flipped 7's one day pretty regularly at Falcon, back in 2012. Ask Tejasbasshunter. ....it was plum sickening.
Posted By: J45on

Re: Biggest bass you have boat flipped - 02/03/18 04:16 PM

I guess you're only limited by the tackle on how big a fish you can boat flip and technique but I never do it on anything over 4-5lbs. Certainly not big fish due to risk of injury. Just my opinion, I'd hate to know I injured a 8+ just for kicks and my go pro fans...

+1
Posted By: Skeeter443

Re: Biggest bass you have boat flipped - 02/03/18 04:48 PM

I flipped a 6 pounder at Fayette once and broke my favorite rod at the time. So long ago I don't remember the brand. Now I think twice and won't flip anything over 4.
Posted By: LinkLowrance

Re: Biggest bass you have boat flipped - 02/03/18 05:17 PM

8lber on frog. 50 lb braid and I knew she was stuck good. Was fortunate enough to get mine on video also.

As far as the size of the fish, it just depends on whether or not they have momentum coming to the boat. There are times I'll flip a 5 and not think twice about it, and times where I wouldn't flip a 2lber. Lots of variables.
Posted By: Mike Keenan

Re: Biggest bass you have boat flipped - 02/03/18 09:05 PM

Back in the day, I boat flipped a 12 pound peacock bass with 65 pound power pro... only reason I did that the guide was busy with getting off another fish
Posted By: JMac-D

Re: Biggest bass you have boat flipped - 02/03/18 11:48 PM

7lb, it all depends on the fish too. If it has the momentum, ill flip it..

Re: Biggest bass you have boat flipped - 02/04/18 01:45 AM

Originally Posted By: Skeeter443
I flipped a 6 pounder at Fayette once and broke my favorite rod at the time. So long ago I don't remember the brand. Now I think twice and won't flip anything over 4.

Was it an old Allstar WR-1 by chance? It was my favorite rod too. I broke a bunch of em.
Posted By: senko9S

Re: Biggest bass you have boat flipped - 02/04/18 01:55 AM

TWS was killer for yellow magics.

Re: Biggest bass you have boat flipped - 02/04/18 02:59 PM

Originally Posted By: senko9S
TWS was killer for yellow magics.

Yes sir that's what it was made for. Zell Rowland designed it. I don't think you knew me then David but I was the Allstar rep for Texas back in the mid 80's
Posted By: senko9S

Re: Biggest bass you have boat flipped - 02/04/18 03:11 PM

I met you in the 90's I believe.
Posted By: Bass N Beer

Re: Biggest bass you have boat flipped - 02/04/18 03:33 PM

I still have an Allstar WR1 that I fish with. Still have the allstar Zell Roland spinnerbait rod that I also use. Got them both from Smitty's. I still like them.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum