Texas Fishing Forum

Lake Somerville in March

Posted By: basspromaster

Lake Somerville in March - 02/01/18 06:27 PM

So heading to lake Sommerville in late March with a buddy and neither of us have fished it. I know its a shallow lake but looking for info on the type of cover and what not. Going to be launching by the dam at the marina as that is where we will also be staying. Any particular baits or info would be awesome. Thanks.

Re: Lake Somerville in March - 02/03/18 04:52 PM

No one? Just lookn for basic info
Posted By: Walls

Re: Lake Somerville in March - 02/03/18 07:24 PM

Originally Posted By: basspromaster
No one? Just lookn for basic info

I can't tell ya much as I've only fished it a few times. I can tell you that there are quite a few youtube videos if you do a search for Lake Somerville on there. Could probably spend a couple hours watching those and may pick up a few ideas.

Re: Lake Somerville in March - 02/03/18 08:17 PM

Thanks didn't even think about utube
Posted By: C130

Re: Lake Somerville in March - 02/04/18 12:03 AM

There’s a big high school tournament there next Saturday. Might get more info when it’s done
Posted By: Bug-e

Re: Lake Somerville in March - 02/04/18 12:57 AM

There was a good thread about a year or so ago with a lot of good reports. I’ll see if I can find it. You can use the search engine and look for Somerville in the title and search back a year. Most threads are about the feeder creeks which are great for crappie, white bass, etc, but the thread I’m talking about focused more on largemouth fishing the main lake. Ive only been a few times and fished the islands not for from marina and a few of the coves on western side. There’s rip rap made of big rocks at several locations and often next to deeper water. I caught most of my fish in these areas on t rigs. I’ve read a lot of good reports about c rigs, cranks, and jigs over the years. Good luck.
Posted By: senko9S

Re: Lake Somerville in March - 02/04/18 01:01 AM

there's a thread 106 pages long in the bank fishing section that might have a few clues. I have never been there.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum