Texas Fishing Forum

Falcon Lake lodging

Posted By: stapler101

Falcon Lake lodging - 01/31/18 02:56 AM

We finally settled on our trip for 2/18.
I think we want to stay and fish mostly on the south end of the lake.
The only lodging that has been suggested is Falcon Heights just outside the State Park.
Is this a good place?
Other suggestions near the park? ( I assume that the park is the only boat ramp)
Posted By: forkduc

Re: Falcon Lake lodging - 01/31/18 10:53 PM

There is a county ramp and a ramp at Beacon Lodge. We always stay at the Holiday Inn Express.
Posted By: stapler101

Re: Falcon Lake lodging - 02/01/18 12:45 AM

Well, after talking to several people including the owner of Falcon Heights, we are booked there and we are thrilled!
They have a big outdoor cooking area where fishermen gather after a day on the lake and swap lies, I mean stories!
We can't wait!
Thanks Bryan Hollaway and Carlos Oliveras!
Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

Re: Falcon Lake lodging - 02/01/18 01:12 AM

Originally Posted By: stapler101
Well, after talking to several people including the owner of Falcon Heights, we are booked there and we are thrilled!
They have a big outdoor cooking area where fishermen gather after a day on the lake and swap lies, I mean stories!
We can't wait!

Please post a report. Lots of folks interested on going down this spring and knowing how your accommodations worked out plus a fishing report would be great and appreciated. thumb
Posted By: CCTX

Re: Falcon Lake lodging - 02/01/18 01:26 AM

I've stayed at Falcon Heights and it's where I'll be next month.

--close to the State Park
--close to Roma grocery stores
--friendly hospitality/good people
--price is right
--large, covered outdoor area with kitchen, BBQ grills, TV, and huge tables
--covered parking at every room for boats/kayaks
--rooms have good air conditioning; fridge/tv/table/microwave
Posted By: Debra Hengst

Re: Falcon Lake lodging - 02/01/18 02:39 AM

Originally Posted By: stapler101
We can't wait!

Good deal glad you are staying with us, Carlos and Lilly are the best, you won't be disappointed!

See you there!

Debra smile
Posted By: Triton417

Re: Falcon Lake lodging - 02/01/18 03:25 AM

I would like to find out more about Falcon Heights, but cannot find any contact info to ask questions. Can anyone share their contact info please?

Re: Falcon Lake lodging - 02/01/18 12:49 PM

Posted By: Lucky Al

Re: Falcon Lake lodging - 02/01/18 01:11 PM

Originally Posted By: collincountytx
I've stayed at Falcon Heights and it's where I'll be next month.

--close to the State Park
--close to Roma grocery stores
--friendly hospitality/good people
--price is right
--large, covered outdoor area with kitchen, BBQ grills, TV, and huge tables
--covered parking at every room for boats/kayaks
--rooms have good air conditioning; fridge/tv/table/microwave

I have stayed there for years. All the above is true, except for one correction: Covered parking is only for certain rooms. Please abide by the boat parking diagram posted on the inside door, where it indicates covered parking rooms. Others can park parallel in front of the room.

Re: Falcon Lake lodging - 02/01/18 01:44 PM

Ahhhh, yes, the parking diagram. You are correct; I remember that now.
Posted By: Bkr10

Re: Falcon Lake lodging - 02/01/18 01:57 PM

Falcon heights lodge is Hands down the best place to stay anywhere. Clean rooms, cold cold ac, the cooking center is the best.... couple minn from State park ramp.. Carlos has been fishing this lake since he was a kid and knows the lake like the back of his hand. Oh and the best part is the price.... very affordable....you will not be disappointed
Posted By: Raul Perez

Re: Falcon Lake lodging - 02/01/18 03:37 PM

If your coming down to falcon. Consider bassmans lodging for your stay, we offer 10% TFF discount. I have vacation rentals that are affordable clean and secure. Cant beat the price of a hotel, but have 80$ weekday rate. f you want the comforts of home youll like my place. Fully furnished,charcol/gas grill, private boat ramp,covered parking, gateded parking area.

See you on the water. If you have any questions give me a call or text.

Call or text —-Two-10 two one seven five five.
Posted By: Weavertree

Re: Falcon Lake lodging - 02/02/18 01:04 AM

Raul, the # you posted is incomplete...I tried to call to book with you and had a question. Please re-post!
Posted By: bigbass94

Re: Falcon Lake lodging - 02/02/18 01:38 AM

Originally Posted By: Weavertree
Raul, the # you posted is incomplete...I tried to call to book with you and had a question. Please re-post!

You can send him a PM.
Posted By: Wes H

Re: Falcon Lake lodging - 02/02/18 03:27 AM

Originally Posted By: Weavertree

Here (From his other post):
two ten two three two one seven five five
Posted By: Raul Perez

Re: Falcon Lake lodging - 02/02/18 03:48 AM

Thanks WES H

Sorry about that ! Missed some numbers 210 two 32 1 seven 55
Posted By: Chris Coufal

Re: Falcon Lake lodging - 02/02/18 04:53 AM

I've stayed at Raul's place and will stay there again. Plenty of room, feels like home, clean and close to everything.
Posted By: 361V

Re: Falcon Lake lodging - 02/02/18 02:16 PM

Originally Posted By: forkduc
There is a county ramp and a ramp at Beacon Lodge. We always stay at the Holiday Inn Express.
We have actually stayed at Becon’s many times and good handy boat ramps. Th OP says fishing south end. It’s a loooong boat ride to the south end from Becon.
Posted By: bigbass94

Re: Falcon Lake lodging - 02/02/18 03:18 PM

Originally Posted By: Chris Coufal
I've stayed at Raul's place and will stay there again. Plenty of room, feels like home, clean and close to everything.

Same here!
Posted By: beartrap

Re: Falcon Lake lodging - 02/02/18 03:57 PM

stayed at oso blanca for several years and it's a good fisherman's motel....large rooms,kitchen table,sink,room to park your boat in front of your room,clean and a/c works....important to me is that it's located in Zapata with several restaurants for breakfast/dinner....
Posted By: Debra Hengst

Re: Falcon Lake lodging - 02/03/18 02:41 PM

Originally Posted By: Triton417
I would like to find out more about Falcon Heights, but cannot find any contact info to ask questions. Can anyone share their contact info please?

Be happy to answer any questions you have, just send me a PM. Here is the website for more info.

http://falconheightsmotel.com/Home_Page.html

Debra cool
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum