Texas Fishing Forum

SI on trolling motor

Posted By: Rutster

SI on trolling motor - 01/30/18 07:48 PM

Couple Hummingbird questions 1) how many people run SI on trolling motor 2) if you run just DI will it work through your universal transducer on trolling motor 3) can you link a Chirp and non Chirp
Posted By: lucky55

Re: SI on trolling motor - 01/30/18 08:52 PM

My boat came with SI on the TM. I thought it would be pointless until I used it, it does work. When I upgrade the front I was thinking of trying mega SI on the TM.
Posted By: Shallow Waters

Re: SI on trolling motor - 01/30/18 09:24 PM

Si has not problems on the trolling motor (but I dont run it), turn rate of the trolling motor at times could distort the picture but it would be a good tool most of the time. The US2 on the trolling motor is for 2d only, it is not capable of DI images, you have to use the HB transducer for DI. You can link chrip and non-chirp head units for waypoints, and even to share a transducer, but the Chirp unit is the only unit that will show chirp'd images I believe since the head unit is the one that chirps not the transducer.
Posted By: John175☮

Re: SI on trolling motor - 01/30/18 09:40 PM

I used to use it all the time on the trolling motor.

Once I got a 360 I no longer use SI up there. I will probably get a Helix 10 DI for the front deck now.
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: SI on trolling motor - 01/30/18 09:56 PM

I think 360 would be the cats meow but I don’t have it, I do use si and it works fine.
Posted By: 44 Diesel

Re: SI on trolling motor - 01/30/18 10:10 PM

You can network the chirp and non chirp units together but you will have to turn chirp off on the chirp unit.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum