Texas Fishing Forum

Are there any guides around DFW that do on the water electronics training?

Posted By: LeonSulak

Are there any guides around DFW that do on the water electronics training? - 01/30/18 06:06 PM

I need help dialing in my lowrance HDS, and also some tips on maximizing its potential. Thank you.
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: Are there any guides around DFW that do on the water electronics training? - 01/30/18 06:06 PM

Doug Yates works at Bass Pro in Garland
Posted By: J.P. Greeson

Re: Are there any guides around DFW that do on the water electronics training? - 01/30/18 06:15 PM

There's a guide on Lake Fork who goes out in your boat and does a full day electronics tutorial. I'm sure someone will chime in with his name.
Posted By: HARD WORKN HAROLD

Re: Are there any guides around DFW that do on the water electronics training? - 01/30/18 06:23 PM

CALL SLADE DOUGHTARY 817-797-8762
Posted By: 206champion

Re: Are there any guides around DFW that do on the water electronics training? - 01/30/18 07:07 PM

James Biggs he’s on here alot
Posted By: coachallentca

Re: Are there any guides around DFW that do on the water electronics training? - 01/30/18 07:17 PM

Originally Posted By: 206champion
James Biggs he’s on here alot

this. He is local..
Posted By: Micropterus Man

Re: Are there any guides around DFW that do on the water electronics training? - 01/30/18 08:39 PM

Not sure if he still does, but try to locate Roy Greer. He lived on Lake Fork.
Posted By: Sinkey

Re: Are there any guides around DFW that do on the water electronics training? - 01/30/18 08:41 PM

Originally Posted By: HARD WORKN HAROLD

This!!!!
Posted By: CubbyObrien

Re: Are there any guides around DFW that do on the water electronics training? - 01/30/18 09:48 PM

James Biggs will be the best money you will spend all year! he is local
Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

Re: Are there any guides around DFW that do on the water electronics training? - 01/31/18 12:39 AM

Also David Goodson at Shut Up and Fish does on the water at Lake Lewisville, dude is magic on electronics. Find him on here under classifieds. He did wonders on mine.
Posted By: Denny Crane

Re: Are there any guides around DFW that do on the water electronics training? - 01/31/18 03:13 AM

Carey Thorn will also go on your boat and teach you more than you ever thought possible.
Money very well spent, he's in Plano and will go all around the metro mess lakes.
Tarponfly is his moniker on here....

d
Posted By: Denny Crane

Re: Are there any guides around DFW that do on the water electronics training? - 01/31/18 03:17 AM

Want to know how good he is....

The Police have called him to find bodies in Whiterock lake..... Truth!
Posted By: LeonSulak

Re: Are there any guides around DFW that do on the water electronics training? - 01/31/18 03:17 AM

Thanks for all the input! I look forward to learning more.
Posted By: burner42

Re: Are there any guides around DFW that do on the water electronics training? - 02/01/18 07:01 AM

Originally Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES
Also David Edison at Shut Up and Fish does on the water at Lake Lewisville, dude is magic on electronics. Find him on here under classifieds. He did wonders on mine.

It's David Goodson..,
Posted By: Luke Scribner

Re: Are there any guides around DFW that do on the water electronics training? - 02/01/18 12:25 PM

+1

Re: Are there any guides around DFW that do on the water electronics training? - 02/01/18 12:26 PM

Originally Posted By: burner42
Originally Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES
Also David Goodson at Shut Up and Fish does on the water at Lake Lewisville, dude is magic on electronics. Find him on here under classifieds. He did wonders on mine.

It's David Goodson..,

That's what I said.
Posted By: OzzieFish

Re: Are there any guides around DFW that do on the water electronics training? - 02/01/18 03:02 PM

Slade =1
Posted By: Kay Dyson

Re: Are there any guides around DFW that do on the water electronics training? - 02/01/18 04:30 PM

Really good.. Super nice person too.. ^^^^
GIG'EM this is the guy...worth every penny and then some..he's at Fork...mostly.
Posted By: Derick Maschmeier

Re: Are there any guides around DFW that do on the water electronics training? - 02/01/18 04:45 PM

James Biggs is by far the best choice.

Re: Are there any guides around DFW that do on the water electronics training? - 02/01/18 04:58 PM

Originally Posted By: RedSkeeter

Really good.. Super nice person too.. ^^^^
GIG'EM this is the guy...worth every penny and then some..he's at Fork...mostly.

I agree 100% Red, the only reason I recommended David was location and he will do a setup in his shop for $75 and you don't have to take your boat. If I wanted to do the on the water deal at Fork with my Helix then absolutely Slade is the man.
Posted By: Fishinchristian

Re: Are there any guides around DFW that do on the water electronics training? - 02/02/18 02:08 AM

Slade is the best around money well spent
Posted By: Bullock24

Re: Are there any guides around DFW that do on the water electronics training? - 02/03/18 12:07 AM

+1 for Slade... took a dummy like me out with new helix 12s and I finished 3rd in a tournament on fork 3 days later. He’s worth what he charges and then some.
Posted By: James Biggs

Re: Are there any guides around DFW that do on the water electronics training? - 02/03/18 02:49 AM

I’d be glad to do it, but I’d also recommend Slade. I can make it look good, and teach you a lot about catching offshore fish. I’ve always said it doesn’t matter how clear the picture if you don’t understand what you are looking at and what’s a catchable bass.
Posted By: John Holland

Re: Are there any guides around DFW that do on the water electronics training? - 02/03/18 02:56 AM

Anybody do GARMIN tutorial?
Posted By: James Biggs

Re: Are there any guides around DFW that do on the water electronics training? - 02/03/18 03:25 AM

Originally Posted By: John Holland
Anybody do GARMIN tutorial?

Unfortunately I don’t. I’m not sure about the others.... sorry
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum