Texas Fishing Forum

Help... Which to Buy??

Posted By: JFB

Help... Which to Buy?? - 01/30/18 05:03 PM

Struggling to decide over the linked Ultrex or non linked. I really don't see myself interested in following a contour, nor do I really think automatically driving to the next wpt is a big deal. About the ONLY thing that has me intrigued about the linked version is that it sounds like it allows you to save thousands of spot lock wpts (as opposed to 13 spot locks)... So I'm thinking there could be an advantage of getting used to the exact line up and lining up a certain cast on old spot locks (as opposed to recreating them from perhaps further away or from a different angle after they get auto erased).

Any input on this topic is greatly appreciated. Am I missing anything to consider? Let's say you mark a wet with a blue dot and then mark a spot lock 20 feet away... does the graph now show you a blue dot and a certain symbol for the spot lock location?
Posted By: Shallow Waters

Re: Help... Which to Buy?? - 01/30/18 05:20 PM

sitting on a past spot lock isnt worth $500. I have the link and never use the features unless I am trying to make a MotorGuide user look stupid. roflmao
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Help... Which to Buy?? - 01/30/18 08:04 PM

Originally Posted By: Shallow Waters
sitting on a past spot lock isnt worth $500. I have the link and never use the features unless I am trying to make a MotorGuide user look stupid. roflmao
exactly the same here. Save the money, unless you are the kind of guy that can't sleep at night knowing you didn't option it out 100%. I spent the extra on the iPilot Link, because I bought mine the first day they were available. That was what was left in stock. Haha.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum