Texas Fishing Forum

Welsh

Posted By: jeremy fishalot

Welsh - 01/27/18 10:31 PM

Has welsh been crowded lately? Never been on that lake. May take ride up there tomorrow.
Posted By: Allen Bass Fisher

Re: Welsh - 01/27/18 10:43 PM

I have not been there on a weekend this year (retired in May). Been there quite a bit during the week. For the most part fishing has been good. There has been a few days where they were not running the power plant and the usually slows the fishing down. Normally, it is very crowded on weekends. I'm sure someone that has been there on a weekend recently will answer.

Search this site and you will find a hand drawn map of the lake which is pretty accurate on where to run (when the water is up). Pretty much north of the ramp cove you cannot run. Especially if you don't know the lake. If you do go up that way, keep pretty close to the east shore and idle. You cannot "hug the bank" the first half or so of the way up there. Too shallow.

Lots and lots of grass this year. With a few exception, anything less that 10 feet is covered in grass (or it is just under the surface).

Good luck!
Posted By: Txduckhunter

Re: Welsh - 01/27/18 10:52 PM

Wasn't terribly crowded today
Posted By: Rayzor

Re: Welsh - 01/27/18 11:04 PM

Originally Posted By: Allen Bass Fisher
I have not been there on a weekend this year (retired in May). Been there quite a bit during the week. For the most part fishing has been good. There has been a few days where they were not running the power plant and the usually slows the fishing down. Normally, it is very crowded on weekends. I'm sure someone that has been there on a weekend recently will answer.

Search this site and you will find a hand drawn map of the lake which is pretty accurate on where to run (when the water is up). Pretty much north of the ramp cove you cannot run. Especially if you don't know the lake. If you do go up that way, keep pretty close to the east shore and idle. You cannot "hug the bank" the first half or so of the way up there. Too shallow.

Lots and lots of grass this year. With a few exception, anything less that 10 feet is covered in grass (or it is just under the surface).

Good luck!

Sounds like you really have to know where to go on this lake!
Posted By: jeremy fishalot

Re: Welsh - 01/27/18 11:34 PM

Thanks guys for the info!
Posted By: Dubee

Re: Welsh - 01/27/18 11:36 PM

Wasn't bad last weekend
Posted By: RandyD

Re: Welsh - 01/31/18 02:48 AM

man, if I could go... right now with the full moon at night fishing on Welsh... heavy line required...
Posted By: coachallentca

Re: Welsh - 01/31/18 04:39 AM

what is the water Temp. I heard it was 53 two weeks ago.
Posted By: TX Strampion

Re: Welsh - 01/31/18 06:26 AM

Originally Posted By: coachallentca

61-65 last weekend.
Posted By: Kay Dyson

Re: Welsh - 01/31/18 03:35 PM

Originally Posted By: TX Strampion
Originally Posted By: coachallentca

61-65 last weekend.
maybe spawn going on...right temp
Posted By: Ranger1

Re: Welsh - 01/31/18 04:20 PM

Just about all my fish are post spawn, but there are still some on beds
Posted By: BigBassB

Re: Welsh - 01/31/18 09:19 PM

Our club had an outstanding tournament last weekend. http://texasfishingforum.com/forums/ubbt...ts#Post12603390
Posted By: rangerpat

Re: Welsh - 02/01/18 07:47 PM

Just an FYI. East Texas Kayak Fishing is having a tounrament out there this Saturday 3 Feb. We expect to have around 50 kayak anglers competing.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum