Texas Fishing Forum

Help on entering White Oak branch.

Posted By: west tex angler

Help on entering White Oak branch. - 01/24/18 04:45 PM

I've tried almost every way to get back into White Oak on Fork without banging into stumps. I've followed the creek on GPS, as well as the old roadbeds. I still seem to hit every stump out there.
Can anyone tell me the best way to get into the back of that cove? ANY TRICKS?

Thanks a lot
Posted By: fouzman

Re: Help on entering White Oak branch. - 01/24/18 04:51 PM

Trolling motor.

Re: Help on entering White Oak branch. - 01/24/18 04:55 PM

Rowing might work better!
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: Help on entering White Oak branch. - 01/24/18 05:03 PM

Gorilla hull hammer down
Posted By: Bass&More

Re: Help on entering White Oak branch. - 01/24/18 05:07 PM

Should have been on Fork back in the early 80's, White Oak channel was one of the easier areas to get in. next question peep
Posted By: Sinkey

Re: Help on entering White Oak branch. - 01/24/18 05:15 PM

There are 2 ways in on pad. On the right side you kinda have to zig zag in around stumps and a few are marked. But you can only run into the 2nd point.
I normally run in on the left side. You can run straight in towards the point on the left. There is a tall tree about 20 yrds off that point. I run about 10 ft. to the right of that tree and run in to the docks and shut down and idle the rest of the way.

You need to do all this at your own risk though. Ive been running the lake since 89. But then again, we run into and through some pretty hairy spots! roflmao
Posted By: ForkedJames

Re: Help on entering White Oak branch. - 01/24/18 05:29 PM

Pretty hard to do.....
Posted By: ToasterWEyes

Re: Help on entering White Oak branch. - 01/24/18 05:32 PM

^^^^^^^ eeks

Re: Help on entering White Oak branch. - 01/24/18 05:32 PM

Originally Posted By: Sinkey
There are 2 ways in on pad. On the right side you kinda have to zig zag in around stumps and a few are marked. But you can only run into the 2nd point.
I normally run in on the left side. You can run straight in towards the point on the left. There is a tall tree about 20 yrds off that point. I run about 10 ft. to the right of that tree and run in to the docks and shut down and idle the rest of the way.

You need to do all this at your own risk though. Ive been running the lake since 89. But then again, we run into and through some pretty hairy spots! roflmao

Thanks Sinkey, I'll try some of those suggestions.
I've fish Fork a lot but most areas were from Little Caney on up to Glade. Since we got us a place in Bridgeview, I need to spend more time fishing mid lake.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum