Texas Fishing Forum

Stranded on fork Thanks for the help. ***UPDATE***

Posted By: Matt Wilson

Stranded on fork Thanks for the help. ***UPDATE*** - 01/24/18 02:50 AM

Big thanks to Gary/Greg (Gary I think) for taking time out of his day to take my partner to the truck today after he found us limping home on the TM, it saved us at least two hours standing on the TM.

Gary it was a pleasure meeting you and thanks again.

Also thanks to my good buddy LakeFokeNightFishingGuide Paul Hyland who meet me at the ramp and drove me to Service Marine and introduced me to Greg who instantly identified the problem as a busted air compressor. (a huge load off my mind as I thought I blew a power head) I will be booking a night trip with him soon also. thanks

Big Big Big thanks to Service marine for fitting me into the schedule.

and I guess thanks to my fishing partner, Jigflippin for being so cool about driving 5 plus hrs today with out being able to make a cast.
Posted By: Jimfishes

Re: Stranded on fork Thanks for the help - 01/24/18 03:07 AM

Those guys helping did the right thing! We gotta take care of each other because we never know when we will need help. Glad it worked out for you guys. Maybe you will catch a DD next fishing trip!
Posted By: Gamblinman

Re: Stranded on fork Thanks for the help - 01/24/18 03:21 AM

clap

Fantastic job by all those that assisted. This is not the time of year to be broken down on the lake.
Posted By: H2ODawg67

Re: Stranded on fork Thanks for the help - 01/24/18 03:22 AM

cheersfor giving a shout out to those that helped you out. Fork has taken a lot of lives, you just had motor trouble and will be able to fish another day. Sorry for your bad day.
Posted By: jigflippin

Re: Stranded on fork Thanks for the help - 01/24/18 04:05 AM

What an adventure it was!!! I am just glad you didn't blow the power head. It won't be the last time I drive out to Fork and not catch a fish. LoL! I have helped many boaters over the years and it was awesome to receive help today when we needed it most. Thank you to the guys who helped us out today!! We will pay it forward for sure.
Posted By: JackMason

Re: Stranded on fork Thanks for the help - 01/24/18 04:15 AM

Nice to read a post like this! Glad everything worked out too.
Posted By: toofy

Re: Stranded on fork Thanks for the help - 01/24/18 04:36 AM

Glad to hear you had help from fellow anglers. I've towed some boats and I've also been the one being towed. The optimist in me likes to think these situations bring out the good in people.
Posted By: Okie Poke

Re: Stranded on fork Thanks for the help - 01/24/18 12:28 PM

WTG! God Bless the ones that came to aid.
Posted By: SkeeterRonnie

Re: Stranded on fork Thanks for the help - 01/24/18 12:29 PM

you'll be pleased with Service Marine! they rock!
Posted By: Kay Dyson

Re: Stranded on fork Thanks for the help - 01/24/18 12:36 PM

Originally Posted By: SkeeterRonnie
you'll be pleased with Service Marine! they rock!

Absolutely, wouldn't ever go anywhere else.. Glad to hear no blown PH. cheers
Posted By: TBassYates

Re: Stranded on fork Thanks for the help - 01/24/18 01:09 PM

One year when I was president of the Century Bass Club we were putting on an Open tournament at Fork. I left the Minnow Bucket and ran around the lake just checking things out and grab a bite to eat at Vals Landing. On my way back I spun a hub. I started heading back with my trolling motor thinking it was going to take me hours to get back. Eventually a guy came by and asked if he could help. I told him I was heading back to the Minnow Bucket to help with weigh in for the tournament. He was a guide and had a customer with him and said he was taking his customer in and would run by there and look someone up and let them know where I was at. He not only did that but he came back out and towed me in so that I could make it to weigh in on time. During that time I had 3 or 4 people come by and ask if they could help. I was so busy once he got me there I did not even get his name. He wouldn't take any money for his efforts and just told me he had seen me around the lake for years and figured I would have done the same for him and said one day I could buy him some lunch somewhere.
It only takes getting stranded yourself to realize what a lifesaver it is for people to run to your assistance when needed and I have gone out of my way quite a few times to help people in similar situations and glad that most people I know feel the same way.
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: Stranded on fork Thanks for the help - 01/24/18 02:04 PM

Good folks around the lake for sure
Posted By: rxkid2001

Re: Stranded on fork Thanks for the help - 01/24/18 02:32 PM

Lots of good folks around fork every day. Just another reason I love fishing there.
Posted By: Justin DuBose

Re: Stranded on fork Thanks for the help - 01/24/18 02:35 PM

That's great.
Posted By: Sinkey

Re: Stranded on fork Thanks for the help - 01/24/18 03:28 PM

Yes, Chuck and them are good people at Service Marine!
Posted By: MMosher

Re: Stranded on fork Thanks for the help - 01/24/18 03:37 PM

Well done
Posted By: Ranger1

Re: Stranded on fork Thanks for the help - 01/24/18 03:54 PM

I have been on both ends of this ordeal, Glad to hear it all worked out for the best.

Also want to let you know that Chuck and Perry @ SM are the only two guys that have ever put a wrench on this boat. Great guys and you sir are in very good hands.
Posted By: Paul - Lake Fork

Re: Stranded on fork Thanks for the help - 01/24/18 06:24 PM

You are so welcome Matt..never thought I would be happy to hear the words "a busted Air Compressor" Glad Dropshot/Greg could diagnosis it fast, so you could at least sleep last night. Service Marine (Chuck,Perry,and up and coming Star Marine Tech Dropshot/Droppy/Greg) will get you back on the water asap.

Re: Stranded on fork Thanks for the help - 01/24/18 09:18 PM

Originally Posted By: west tex angler

Did everything turn out all right for you?

It most certainly did!
Posted By: OzzieFish

Re: Stranded on fork Thanks for the help - 01/24/18 10:01 PM

Oh the day in the life of boat ownership...
Posted By: dandeeks

Re: Stranded on fork Thanks for the help - 01/25/18 02:14 AM

Service Marine has done me well too. I wish they would move to Lewisville, because that's where my boat is stored now frown

Glad to hear a happy end to your story.

Re: Stranded on fork Thanks for the help - 02/01/18 02:40 AM

Wow guys 7 business days from the day I dropped it off Service Marine had my boat back to me today!!!

It’s unreal how much was done is a short amount of time, attention was paid to every detail, Greg is such a through and paid attention to every little thing I asked for. I can’t believe service like this still exists, they were very reasonable on price but I didn’t care just happy with the quality of work. They did a entire dash reconfiguration, installed two 12” graphs including all new ducers and nema network. Not to mention the motor work, the list goes on but I know they replaced my air compressor and new oil pump, plus installed a brake actuator for me along with many other things. I live 2+hrs from fork but I will never take my boat anywhere else. I’m a Service Marine customer for life.

Thanks again Paul for the recommendation and THANK YOU SERVICE MARINE!!!!
Posted By: jig magician

Re: Stranded on fork Thanks for the help - 02/04/18 02:41 AM

I was on the lake one day and early morning came across a fellow competitor who had blown a main fuse...I just happened to have one and we got him going. later that afternoon the top nut on Bendix of starter spun off and fell into bottom of cowling I could see it but had no way to get to it.after bout an hour of cussing and carrying on a boat pulled up to check on me and it was the same guy I helped earlier in the day...he had pair of really long needle nose pliers and we fished it out and got it running...thanks again Andy...I lk always stop for someone!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum