Texas Fishing Forum

Are you using your Ultrex built in Transducer?

Posted By: jbassman

Are you using your Ultrex built in Transducer? - 01/22/18 12:14 PM

Or an external one on the trolling motor? Helix 10
Posted By: Jeff From Iowa

Re: Are you using your Ultrex built in Transducer? - 01/22/18 12:57 PM

no I dont use it

the built in one is not going to work for your helix

Posted By: Wayne P.

Re: Are you using your Ultrex built in Transducer? - 01/22/18 01:03 PM

Originally Posted By: Jeff From Iowa
no the built in one is not going to work for your helix

Yes it will if the Helix is the Sonar model.
There is a Sonar model
There is a DI model
There is a SI model.

The US2 does not do imaging of any kind, it is 2D only.
Posted By: kellisag

Re: Are you using your Ultrex built in Transducer? - 01/22/18 01:45 PM

I don't because I want DI
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Are you using your Ultrex built in Transducer? - 01/22/18 01:52 PM

Originally Posted By: Jeff From Iowa
no I dont use it

the built in one is not going to work for your helix

I DO use it....and YES, it's connected to my Helix. Works great.
Posted By: Phoenix_Ed

Re: Are you using your Ultrex built in Transducer? - 01/22/18 02:41 PM

I do not, I use an external SI transducer on the trolling motor.
Posted By: Mike Keenan

Re: Are you using your Ultrex built in Transducer? - 01/22/18 03:09 PM

I use the US2 transducer and get nothing but interference. So I spent the $60.00 and I’m waiting for my new external transducer to get here. Personally I think it’s a load a [censored] you spend good money and then have to turn around and send Humminbird more money so it works like it should. Humminbird should have something set up with a transducer exchange for free. Last I checked Humminbird used to be about great service?
Posted By: TexasMood

Re: Are you using your Ultrex built in Transducer? - 01/22/18 03:14 PM

I haven't been able to get mine to work with my 859.
Posted By: skeeterK

Re: Are you using your Ultrex built in Transducer? - 01/22/18 04:05 PM

Yes I use mine for now at least. Looking at options of either staying with Lowrance and placing a Totalscan on the TM or changing over to HB with SS and a 360.
Posted By: BoomBoom

Re: Are you using your Ultrex built in Transducer? - 01/22/18 04:07 PM

Yes. No issues and I use it with a Lowrance unit.
Posted By: 44 Diesel

Re: Are you using your Ultrex built in Transducer? - 01/22/18 07:58 PM

Originally Posted By: Mike Keenan
I use the US2 transducer and get nothing but interference. So I spent the $60.00 and I’m waiting for my new external transducer to get here. Personally I think it’s a load a [censored] you spend good money and then have to turn around and send Humminbird more money so it works like it should. Humminbird should have something set up with a transducer exchange for free. Last I checked Humminbird used to be about great service?

Have you checked the fuse in the head of the trolling motor? There is a 3amp fuse in there for the Us2 transducer. If its blown it will cause RFI
Posted By: harvey walker

Re: Are you using your Ultrex built in Transducer? - 01/22/18 08:08 PM

does the us2 cable on the Ultrex plug in to your sonar or do you need an adapter cable. I have a Terrova and had to buy a cable. I want to upgrade my sonar but I will need to add $30 to $40 buck to the price.
Posted By: skeeterK

Re: Are you using your Ultrex built in Transducer? - 01/22/18 08:36 PM

Originally Posted By: harvey walker
does the us2 cable on the Ultrex plug in to your sonar or do you need an adapter cable. I have a Terrova and had to buy a cable. I want to upgrade my sonar but I will need to add $30 to $40 buck to the price.

You'll need an adapter cable but if you had a US2 before the adapter should work. I came from a Fortrex to the Ultrex and used the same adapter. I can only speak to Lowrance graphs.

Re: Are you using your Ultrex built in Transducer? - 01/22/18 08:37 PM

You will need an adapter that compatible with your brand

https://www.minnkotamotors.com/US2-Compatibility.aspx?LangType=1033

Re: Are you using your Ultrex built in Transducer? - 01/23/18 12:23 AM

Originally Posted By: skeeterK

You'll need an adapter cable but if you had a US2 before the adapter should work. I came from a Fortrex to the Ultrex and used the same adapter. I can only speak to Lowrance graphs.
or you can sell your used adapter for $20 and be out about $10 switching graphs.
Posted By: CoyAintNoGoldFish

Re: Are you using your Ultrex built in Transducer? - 01/23/18 01:05 AM

Yep. Using mine. I have a Carbon 9 at the bow. Works with side I imagine (if I ever needed it) and sonar. I’m pretty sure it’ll work with down too, but I’m having issues getting it read properly. I’ve been assured it’s a setting issue
Posted By: lamoon78

Re: Are you using your Ultrex built in Transducer? - 01/23/18 01:05 AM

Nope external

Re: Are you using your Ultrex built in Transducer? - 01/23/18 05:47 AM

Originally Posted By: 44 Diesel

Have you checked the fuse in the head of the trolling motor? There is a 3amp fuse in there for the Us2 transducer. If its blown it will cause RFI

Where’s the fuse located?
Posted By: Bobby Milam

Re: Are you using your Ultrex built in Transducer? - 01/23/18 06:24 AM

inside the head

Re: Are you using your Ultrex built in Transducer? - 01/23/18 01:23 PM

There should be about 4 screws on the underneath of the trolling motor head. Remove the screws then the top cover will come off. Then you should be able to locate a blade type fuse holder.
Posted By: kellisag

Re: Are you using your Ultrex built in Transducer? - 01/23/18 02:14 PM

Originally Posted By: CoyAintNoGoldFish
Yep. Using mine. I have a Carbon 9 at the bow. Works with side I imagine (if I ever needed it) and sonar. I’m pretty sure it’ll work with down too, but I’m having issues getting it read properly. I’ve been assured it’s a setting issue

It will not work with SI or DI

Re: Are you using your Ultrex built in Transducer? - 01/23/18 02:32 PM

There should be about 4 screws on the underneath of the trolling motor head. Remove the screws then the top cover will come off. Then you should be able to locate a blade type fuse holder.

Thanks diesel
Posted By: daddystog

Re: Are you using your Ultrex built in Transducer? - 01/24/18 06:33 PM

Did you call Hummingbird first, i had interference with the US2 called Hummingbird and they sent me a kit free of charge took about 5 minutes to install Never had another problem
Posted By: Clark3

Re: Are you using your Ultrex built in Transducer? - 01/25/18 12:47 AM

Yes, use the one on the ultrex and it was amazing. Had slade tune it at fork, said it's one of the best jobs he's seen. With the right settings you can video game fish all day

This is what a drop shot looks like on it
Posted By: Okie Poke

Re: Are you using your Ultrex built in Transducer? - 01/25/18 01:05 AM

No because I'm running DI.

Re: Are you using your Ultrex built in Transducer? - 01/25/18 03:11 PM

Well I called Humminbird this morning to check the status of my external transducer and it’s on back order thru late February. Makes me so glad I bought all new stuff

I checked the fuse in the head of the Ultrex and looks new.
Posted By: Jobucko

Re: Are you using your Ultrex built in Transducer? - 01/25/18 03:30 PM

I am using the US2 on my Ulterra (same one as on the Ultrex). It is 2D only but I bought the adapter cable and connected a Lowrance Hook4. It works fine.

Re: Are you using your Ultrex built in Transducer? - 01/25/18 07:58 PM

Well I called Humminbird this morning to check the status of my external transducer and it’s on back order thru late February. Makes me so glad I bought all new stuff

I checked the fuse in the head of the Ultrex and looks new.

Make sure you don't have two units on the same frequency at the same time. Example..... bow unit is using the US2 at 80/200 and the console unit is using the rear transducer at 80/200. It will cause crazy stuff on both units. Best is to use units that link and use one transducer or use the console for structure and the bow unit for sonar. Or just put the console unit in stand by while you're fishing and using the US2.

Might also try using a ferrite coil on the power wire to the bow unit.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum