Texas Fishing Forum

New Gator Hull

Posted By: Rube G.

New Gator Hull - 01/20/18 08:38 PM

I got on a T-Pole at Fork and gouged a hole in my Skeeter, I decided to with the Gator Hull instead of just getting the hole repaired. Lake Fork Fiberglass did a great job..
Thanks Mike.

Posted By: Pitdad

Re: New Gator Hull - 01/20/18 11:49 PM

Nice!
Posted By: Michael Curbow

Re: New Gator Hull - 01/21/18 04:42 AM

Had my Skeeter done a couple years ago and love it! It's already saved me lost time and money spent on hull repairs.
Posted By: cephusjoe

Re: New Gator Hull - 01/21/18 04:49 PM

I’m getting mine done next year
Posted By: Ripinlip

Re: New Gator Hull - 01/21/18 04:57 PM

I found a t tpost in the back of little Caney by the pads on the right last year lucky for me it only ripped my transducer off my trolling motor!

Re: New Gator Hull - 01/22/18 12:48 AM

Originally Posted By: Ripinlip
I found a t tpost in the back of little Caney by the pads on the right last year lucky for me it only ripped my transducer off my trolling motor!

That's where I got on this one, probly the same T post.
Posted By: Jeff From Iowa

Re: New Gator Hull - 01/22/18 01:06 AM

Does it seem slicker loading and unloading? Ive got some big chunks out of my boat that will need repair, Im hoping to make it until next off season.
Posted By: Frank the Tank

Re: New Gator Hull - 01/22/18 01:11 AM

Roughly how much that cost you Rube?
Posted By: Huckleberry

Re: New Gator Hull - 01/22/18 01:14 AM

They claim your performance will be the same or even better
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: New Gator Hull - 01/22/18 01:55 PM

The boat I bought has one and the previous owner said it lost several mph. But I also found wet foam in my boat, so I hope these coatings are really waterproof and the water didn’t soak in through the coating.

But it sure is nice now when I drag it up over a rock/gravel and there’s no damage to the bottom.
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: New Gator Hull - 01/22/18 02:06 PM

Not bashing anyone's "gator hull" but I think some fiberglass shops version of a gator hull is different from others.

I saw a gator hull on one of my friend's Legends and it looks just like the Rhino Liner that is sprayed in the bed of a pickup truck. It cost him about 5 mph on top end due to the rough texture of the new surface.

Is that what yours looks like?

Re: New Gator Hull - 01/22/18 03:04 PM

This is how mine looks, bumpy. I really wish it was a gorilla hull. Mine was done at lake fork fiberglass, so it’s a gator.
Posted By: SC-001

Re: New Gator Hull - 01/22/18 03:10 PM

Originally Posted By: grout-scout
This is how mine looks, bumpy. I really wish it was a gorilla hull. Mine was done at lake fork fiberglass, so it’s a gator.
I thought they both had a textured looking surface like line-x?

Re: New Gator Hull - 01/22/18 03:30 PM

I think the gorilla is a bit more golf ball like because of the mesh they use. I haven’t seen one of theirs in person, just what I was told. Both are way better than gelcoat!

And have lifetime warranties
Posted By: RedEar12

Re: New Gator Hull - 01/22/18 07:01 PM

Been running a Gorilla Hull for 3 yrs now. Great product. I might have lost 1mph. But have never touched the JP to dial it in. Holeshot is the same and has as much or more lift. Lifetime warranty and they told me to bring it back anytime if it needed tweaking for more performance.
It has a softer dimple feel and finish.

Re: New Gator Hull - 01/23/18 12:12 AM

Originally Posted By: Frank the Tank
Roughly how much that cost you Rube?

3500.00, hopefully no more bottom repair unless I get on some more steel.

Re: New Gator Hull - 01/23/18 12:15 AM

Originally Posted By: Ken A.
Not bashing anyone's "gator hull" but I think some fiberglass shops version of a gator hull is different from others.

I saw a gator hull on one of my friend's Legends and it looks just like the Rhino Liner that is sprayed in the bed of a pickup truck. It cost him about 5 mph on top end due to the rough texture of the new surface.

Is that what yours looks like?

It's kind of bumpy like Ostrich skin boots.
Posted By: burner42

Re: New Gator Hull - 01/23/18 07:17 AM

Mike Langfords doing my Ranger this week. I gouged my hull pretty good on a rock pile at Ray Hubbard last summer. Heard really good things about his work and the added durability. I don't ever drive my boat at 72 mph so not worried about a couple mph speed loss. I'd rather have the added protection!
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: New Gator Hull - 01/23/18 12:19 PM

Originally Posted By: burner42
Mike Langfords doing my Ranger this week. I gouged my hull pretty good on a rock pile at Ray Hubbard last summer. Heard really good things about his work and the added durability. I don't ever drive my boat at 72 mph so not worried about a couple mph speed loss. I'd rather have the added protection!

Mike is good people.
Posted By: Gamblinman

Re: New Gator Hull - 01/24/18 12:35 AM

Mike did my Gambler last fall. No loss in speed. Yes, slicker than snot off and on the trailer.
Posted By: dshaw937

Re: New Gator Hull - 01/24/18 05:35 AM

Same here. Been running a gorilla Hull for roughly 4 years. Golf ball dimple texture. Actually gained two miles per hour(know that seeems weird) but they said because of the dimpling it creates less resistance on water. Toledo fiberglass just cleaned it up as they will every year and it has a lifetime of boat warranty. Couldn’t be happier with mine.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum