Texas Fishing Forum

Kayak Setup

Posted By: ETXfisher91

Kayak Setup - 01/19/18 09:49 PM

So my wife bought me a kayak for Christmas... I tried it out and was super sketchy.. so what I am asking is there a certain length or width that you need to have to be comfortable and being able to fish out of it without flipping? Or is it time on the water with it... It seems like it is a little small for me.
Also can anyone share a photo of their kayak set up.. like the tackle box, etc...
Posted By: swalker9513

Re: Kayak Setup - 01/19/18 10:09 PM

you might want to post this in the kayak section of the forum.
Posted By: C130

Re: Kayak Setup - 01/19/18 10:13 PM

The type and size of the kayak definitely matters. They all take a little getting used to but there are huge differences between kayaks. Just depends on how much money you want to spend. My son and I had Jacksons and they were nice. I rented a Hobie Pro Angker and sold the Jackson’s for the PA’s. I much prefer the pedal drive vs. paddling. The Hobies are very stable and are set up very nice right from the factory. If you’re serious about kayak fishing I’d get a Hobie Pro Angler, rent one first and try it out. They’ll normally take part of the rental fee towards the purchase if you buy one.

Hobie’s are expensive but worth it. They come with a lot of stuff and are prepped for add ons so it takes very little work to really rig them out.

Re: Kayak Setup - 01/19/18 10:56 PM

yeah sorry guys, after i posted it I scrolled down and seen the tab for it...

Re: Kayak Setup - 01/19/18 10:59 PM

Originally Posted By: C130
The type and size of the kayak definitely matters. They all take a little getting used to but there are huge differences between kayaks. Just depends on how much money you want to spend. My son and I had Jacksons and they were nice. I rented a Hobie Pro Angker and sold the Jackson’s for the PA’s. I much prefer the pedal drive vs. paddling. The Hobies are very stable and are set up very nice right from the factory. If you’re serious about kayak fishing I’d get a Hobie Pro Angler, rent one first and try it out. They’ll normally take part of the rental fee towards the purchase if you buy one.

Hobie’s are expensive but worth it. They come with a lot of stuff and are prepped for add ons so it takes very little work to really rig them out.

thank you for the good info! I have a boat, but always wanted to kayak fish! looks very relaxing and fun when you hook onto a big one!
Posted By: swalker9513

Re: Kayak Setup - 01/19/18 11:27 PM

no apologies necessary...you will get more helpful answers down there.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum