Texas Fishing Forum

Need Advice

Posted By: npl_texas

Need Advice - 01/17/18 01:04 AM

This is probably not the right forum for this but it's the one I frequent so please move this if necessary. I'm looking for someone in the San Antonio area that can help me out with a few things for my boat. I need someone that is reputable and reasonable.

I have a 2011 Tracker 175TXW. I'm looking to have an Ultrex 80# installed. Currently have a 12V Power Drive so the wiring will need to be changed. I'm also looking to replace the Hook 5 at the console and add a graph to the bow. I prefer Lowrance only because that's what I'm familiar with and I'm not interested in connected the TM to the graphs, etc.

Sometime in the next 5 years I will be upgrading the boat and will want these items to go with it.

The guys up in the DFW area have a lot of places to choose from but I don't hear about much down here. Any recommendations/advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

Re: Need Advice - 01/17/18 01:24 AM

Probably Bass Pro Shops will be your best bet since they sell Tracker Boats.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Need Advice - 01/17/18 01:51 AM

Your trolling motor wiring doesn't need to be replaced....the 12v draws more peak amps than the 24v will draw. You simply will need to add an additional battery and series them. You will not replace anything. You will add another circuit breaker and a series cable to link the two batteries.
Posted By: Clark3

Re: Need Advice - 01/17/18 03:04 AM

When I bought my ultrex on my old skeeter, I sold my 24 troller to a buddy with a bass tracker and it took about 15 mins to get it rigged up.

All you need is another battery, 6 gauge jumper wire (12-18" long)

Take the jumper wire and connect it from negative of battery 1 to positive of battery 2. Then take your existing wiring and negative to the battery with an open negative post and positive to battery with an open positive post and you're good to go

Re: Need Advice - 01/17/18 04:49 PM

Thank you all for the responses. Anyone from South Texas have any recommendations?
Posted By: Ranger1

Re: Need Advice - 01/17/18 04:58 PM

Originally Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES
Probably Bass Pro Shops will be your best bet since they sell Tracker Boats.

roflmao
Posted By: bigbass94

Re: Need Advice - 01/17/18 04:58 PM

I would say Bass Pro Shops or Boerne Marine. Ken Parker at Boerne Marine does a great job and he works on Minn Kota trolling motors. I'm sure he could at the very least point you in the right direction.

Re: Need Advice - 01/17/18 05:19 PM

Originally Posted By: bigbass94
I would say Bass Pro Shops or Boerne Marine. Ken Parker at Boerne Marine does a great job and he works on Minn Kota trolling motors. I'm sure he could at the very least point you in the right direction.

Thanks. I'll reach out.
Posted By: bigbass94

Re: Need Advice - 01/17/18 05:20 PM

Originally Posted By: npl_texas

Thanks. I'll reach out.

If you call Boerne Marine, ask for Carter. He's the guy that gets stuff done around there. Ken is the one who owns Boerne Marine.

Re: Need Advice - 01/17/18 06:06 PM

Originally Posted By: npl_texas

Thanks. I'll reach out.

If you call Boerne Marine, ask for Carter. He's the guy that gets stuff done around there. Ken is the one who owns Boerne Marine.

Thank you. Will do.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum