Texas Fishing Forum

Lake Kissimmee trip

Posted By: Troyz

Lake Kissimmee trip - 01/16/18 01:41 PM

Has anyone stayed at Camp Mack on Lake Kissimme? I am Planning a trip for a week or so in March and am trying to get some feedback on the place. I will be taking wife so hope to find a decent place for us. Looks like it is not far from Lake Wales so finding decent places to eat should not be a problem.

TIA for any info

Re: Lake Kissimmee trip - 01/16/18 10:55 PM

Anyone? Anyone stayed here or know of anyone who has
Posted By: El Skeeter

Re: Lake Kissimmee trip - 01/18/18 10:19 PM

Camp Mack -https://www.campmack.com/

Liar's Lodge is 1/8 of a mile from ramp.
Ramps were just dredged couple of years ago, so now its a quick drop when off loading.
Of the two ramps use the Eastern one, the other has a submerged boulder.
Parking leaves a lot to be desired, you must maneuver around and between tress.
Book Liar's way in advance, a lot of tournaments are held out of here.
Ramp fee is $5 and No it's not included with a Liar's room as I and everyone else thinks it should. LOL
There also Liar's Lair Saloon behind the Lodge. Any more questions, just ask.

Re: Lake Kissimmee trip - 01/18/18 11:50 PM

Thanks for the info.
Posted By: Flippin-Out

Re: Lake Kissimmee trip - 01/19/18 12:20 AM

Camp Mack was never viewed as a preferred place to stay during the 20 years I lived in Florida. I visited Kissimmee quite a number of times, but always stayed down at the south end. Those places can be booked up nearly a year in advance if you're looking for prime time on the calendar. It's that way because the lake is such an awesome fishery. I've never had a 100 fish day on Chug-bugs except there.....memorable day for sure.
Posted By: Jeff From Iowa

Re: Lake Kissimmee trip - 01/21/18 11:22 PM

If you go to bass boat central they have ALL the ramps listed and directions to them etc.. using google on your phone.

I was going to go there but decided against it after calling around it seemed I was going to have a really hard time finding a rv spot.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum