Texas Fishing Forum

Falcon or Sam Rayburn ?

Posted By: Bassdoc10

Falcon or Sam Rayburn ? - 01/12/18 01:33 AM

5 days of fishing the first week of February. Where would you go and why?
Posted By: Minner Bucket

Re: Falcon or Sam Rayburn ? - 01/12/18 01:39 AM

Both!
Posted By: Topwater2

Re: Falcon or Sam Rayburn ? - 01/12/18 01:41 AM

Falcon. I'm four hours away and I know where some fish just might be holding. Oh, and I just got my shipment from TW today. Going to throw some new jerk baits. pollo
Posted By: C.J

Re: Falcon or Sam Rayburn ? - 01/12/18 02:38 AM

I would go to Falcon! Just got done with 5 days on Rayburn it was ok but Falcon right now is really good!!
Posted By: Jobie99

Re: Falcon or Sam Rayburn ? - 01/12/18 02:48 AM

Not sure what your exact dates are, but Basschamps will be on Falcon on th 10th. I still have availability in early February if you decide on Falcon and need a place to stay.
Posted By: Billy Blazer 300 HPDI

Re: Falcon or Sam Rayburn ? - 01/12/18 04:20 AM

Falcon

I lived in Corpus and fished Falcon for quite a few years before I moved to Houston. I have a house at Rayburn. I've fished it a lot. It's good but it aint Falcon.
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: Falcon or Sam Rayburn ? - 01/12/18 12:29 PM

Falcon way less pressure. Go the week of Basschamps. Lake is off limits
Posted By: Rube G.

Re: Falcon or Sam Rayburn ? - 01/12/18 02:20 PM

Probly A lot warmer at Falcon
Posted By: bigbass94

Re: Falcon or Sam Rayburn ? - 01/12/18 04:17 PM

I'd go to Falcon. Fishing should be incredible this Spring. February would be a great time to go too!
Posted By: SAKS

Re: Falcon or Sam Rayburn ? - 01/12/18 04:50 PM

I will be there on Feb 9 ahead of BassChamps. Hope I have a good report.
Posted By: Rducky

Re: Falcon or Sam Rayburn ? - 01/13/18 09:56 PM

Headed there in the morning for 7 days. Weather really sucks.
Posted By: RayBob

Re: Falcon or Sam Rayburn ? - 01/13/18 09:59 PM

Falcon. Rayburn is always crowded
Posted By: bradnitro175

Re: Falcon or Sam Rayburn ? - 01/14/18 12:32 AM

Originally Posted By: Rducky
Headed there in the morning for 7 days. Weather really sucks.

If you can make yourself get out there there's fish to be had.
Posted By: WAWI

Re: Falcon or Sam Rayburn ? - 01/14/18 03:24 AM

I'm sure there has been a massive and total fish kill at rayburn as there is no other explanation for the zero we had today.
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: Falcon or Sam Rayburn ? - 01/14/18 04:09 AM

Originally Posted By: WAWI
I'm sure there has been a massive and total fish kill at rayburn as there is no other explanation for the zero we had today.

It's almost impossible to zero on Rayburn...
Posted By: Team Skeeterless

Re: Falcon or Sam Rayburn ? - 01/14/18 04:25 AM

Originally Posted By: Jaret Latta

^^^ roflmao
Posted By: Chris_K

Re: Falcon or Sam Rayburn ? - 01/14/18 02:21 PM

I was in a boat with 3 zeros about this time last year.. fished about half a day. roflmao
Posted By: James Biggs

Re: Falcon or Sam Rayburn ? - 01/14/18 03:33 PM

Falcon
Posted By: DBFishing83

Re: Falcon or Sam Rayburn ? - 01/14/18 03:48 PM

let's put it another way .......
if a person is asking "WHERE SHOULD I GO" to fish for a few days they are generally going to be fishing community holes or locations that are readily available to the general public or after looking at a map are fairly obvious fishing spots.
in my humble opinion --- the community spots on Falcon are much more productive than the well known spots on Sam Rayburn.
the chances of catching more/bigger fish are greater on Falcon ,,,,,, unless you know Rayburn from previous fishing trips and have fished it for a number of years --- TOW as they like to say.
PLUS .... "TIPS" for Rayburn fishing are harder to come by than tips for Falcon fishing. Not too many guys make a second income fishing tournaments on Falcon like they do on Rayburn.
just check in with James at the Falcon Tackle Shop --- he may not give you HIS BEST spots,,,,,,but he will tell you where they are biting and what bait to use.
Posted By: WAWI

Re: Falcon or Sam Rayburn ? - 01/14/18 04:10 PM

Thank you for your kind words of encouragement lol
Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

Re: Falcon or Sam Rayburn ? - 01/14/18 05:01 PM

Originally Posted By: flukeman83
let's put it another way .......
if a person is asking "WHERE SHOULD I GO" to fish for a few days they are generally going to be fishing community holes or locations that are readily available to the general public or after looking at a map are fairly obvious fishing spots.
in my humble opinion --- the community spots on Falcon are much more productive than the well known spots on Sam Rayburn.
the chances of catching more/bigger fish are greater on Falcon ,,,,,, unless you know Rayburn from previous fishing trips and have fished it for a number of years --- TOW as they like to say.
PLUS .... "TIPS" for Rayburn fishing are harder to come by than tips for Falcon fishing. Not too many guys make a second income fishing tournaments on Falcon like they do on Rayburn.
just check in with James at the Falcon Tackle Shop --- he may not give you HIS BEST spots,,,,,,but he will tell you where they are biting and what bait to use.

Posted By: markson

Re: Falcon or Sam Rayburn ? - 01/14/18 05:15 PM

I fished Rayburn 15 years ago and the first time I went I just drove around and caught nice fish everywhere I stopped. Then I went back again last Summer and all of the previous creeks and coves I had fished were clogged up by Hydrilla. And all of the obvious offshore spots on my Navionics already had a boat (or two) fishing them. The only place I could find fish shallow was the back of one creek that was shielded from the breeze and beat by the Sun (I called it the hell hole). I actually thought my dog was going to pass out from the heat and humidity. So my next road trip will definitely be Falcon. Here is a pic of the biggest one I caught during that last Rayburn trip

© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum