Texas Fishing Forum

13 Fishing Concept Z review from Tackletour

Posted By: Brad R

13 Fishing Concept Z review from Tackletour - 01/04/18 04:03 PM

For anyone looking for more information, this today (see below).

Nothing too new here excepting Tackletour's observation that the reel doesn't freespool well, yet it casts really well.

No rating applied yet from these testers but worth a read.

Brad

Concept Z Review
Posted By: 206champion

Re: 13 Fishing Concept Z review from Tackletour - 01/04/18 05:13 PM

I have one that came in the mail yesterday but I haven’t been able to look at it yet
Posted By: jbcarroll3000

Re: 13 Fishing Concept Z review from Tackletour - 01/05/18 07:21 PM

Why'd they have to make it so dang ugly?
Posted By: Taylored

Re: 13 Fishing Concept Z review from Tackletour - 01/05/18 09:58 PM

Originally Posted By: jbcarroll3000
Why'd they have to make it so dang ugly?

thumb
Posted By: Champion 221 Elite

Re: 13 Fishing Concept Z review from Tackletour - 01/06/18 02:50 AM

This reel will cast a country mile.Its hard to get a decent hookset on a long cast.It will cast farther with the flip of your wrist than most reels do on a normal cast.
Posted By: Brad R

Re: 13 Fishing Concept Z review from Tackletour - 01/06/18 02:53 AM

I sort of think/thought the same thing. Then, an idea sort of came to me about a possible reason.

So, 100 of these reels end up being fished around various D/FW lakes, people see the anglers using these . . . at boat launches lying on the decks, pulling boats out, on the lake when passing nearby. I think a bright color like that so identifies the reel that maybe the 13 Concept guys think it will create conversation, that anglers will be curious and ask owners how they like them.

Some word of mouth free advertising. Other than that, they didn't help themselves choosing such a bright color. Black would sell better I suspect.

Brad
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: 13 Fishing Concept Z review from Tackletour - 01/06/18 02:53 AM

Originally Posted By: Champion 221 Elite
This reel will cast a country mile.Its hard to get a decent hookset on a long cast.It will cast farther with the flip of your wrist than most reels do on a normal cast.
slight exaggeration....
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: 13 Fishing Concept Z review from Tackletour - 01/06/18 03:03 AM

The reel sure seems interesting. So I guess the polymer is less resistive than bearings? The CZB in the photo looks like a hunk of semi round [censored]. I just don't know how it could work. Haha.

As for the reels looks? I like it. it would be nice if the reel was available in a little more sedated graphite or black though. The red would look good in a Falcon Cara though for sure.
Posted By: lconn4

Re: 13 Fishing Concept Z review from Tackletour - 01/08/18 05:13 AM

If anyone knows Mr. Payne, he tells it like it is.

http://payneoutdoors.com/review-13-fishing-concept-z-baitcasting-reel/
Posted By: H2O Seeker

Re: 13 Fishing Concept Z review from Tackletour - 01/08/18 01:26 PM

Originally Posted By: Brad R
I sort of think/thought the same thing. Then, an idea sort of came to me about a possible reason.

So, 100 of these reels end up being fished around various D/FW lakes, people see the anglers using these . . . at boat launches lying on the decks, pulling boats out, on the lake when passing nearby. I think a bright color like that so identifies the reel that maybe the 13 Concept guys think it will create conversation, that anglers will be curious and ask owners how they like them.

Some word of mouth free advertising. Other than that, they didn't help themselves choosing such a bright color. Black would sell better I suspect.

Brad

Similar thought I had when they introduced the sea foam green inshore saltwater TX edition reel a couple years ago. Ugly color but smooth as silk with great components and very light...still ugly on a rod.
Posted By: i-Fish

Re: 13 Fishing Concept Z review from Tackletour - 01/08/18 01:55 PM

Reel noise shmeel noise. A quality reel at an affordable price that outcasts others in its class and can send a weightless worm like it was a rat-l-trap with 22 pound drag? I’ll take a dozen.
Posted By: SoCal Tom

Re: 13 Fishing Concept Z review from Tackletour - 01/08/18 04:19 PM

Just did a quick stroll through Tackle Tour reviews. Not one Lews reel was reviewed and not one Dobyns rod was reviewed. Daiwa, Shimano and Fenwick all over the place. Sponsor driven?
Posted By: K.D.

Re: 13 Fishing Concept Z review from Tackletour - 01/08/18 04:53 PM

Enter either of the brands you mentioned and tackletour into google and you’ll find plenty.

Tackletour dobyns and tackletour Lews both return plenty of reviews on both
Posted By: SoCal Tom

Re: 13 Fishing Concept Z review from Tackletour - 01/08/18 05:08 PM

Originally Posted By: K.D.
Enter either of the brands you mentioned and tackletour into google and you’ll find plenty.

Tackletour dobyns and tackletour Lews both return plenty of reviews on both

Yes, but nothing recent
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: 13 Fishing Concept Z review from Tackletour - 01/08/18 05:12 PM

Originally Posted By: SoCal Tom
Just did a quick stroll through Tackle Tour reviews. Not one Lews reel was reviewed and not one Dobyns rod was reviewed. Daiwa, Shimano and Fenwick all over the place. Sponsor driven?

Not sure where you looked on tbeur site but plenty of TT reviews on both Lews and Dobyns products. Here is a list of all their reviews.

http://tackletour.com/menuarchive.html
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum