Texas Fishing Forum

Looking to upgrade Humminbird electronics

Posted By: OKNitro

Looking to upgrade Humminbird electronics - 01/01/18 11:44 PM

I'm in the mood to upgrade my sonars to Humminbird Helix 10 and 12 Chirp Mega SI G2N. Who has the best prices?
Posted By: Big Kahuna Fishing

Re: Looking to upgrade Humminbird electronics - 01/02/18 12:19 AM

BBG

Talk to Brian.

And if you are a military veteran, let him know.
Posted By: Lbs4thewin

Re: Looking to upgrade Humminbird electronics - 01/02/18 12:33 AM

BBG?
Posted By: Shallow Waters

Re: Looking to upgrade Humminbird electronics - 01/02/18 12:53 AM

Ultimatepassage.Com, Call Lisa if you have any questions. Bought 2 helix and a solix from her.

Re: Looking to upgrade Humminbird electronics - 01/03/18 12:15 AM

What/who is BBG?
Posted By: Bass Boat Wired

Re: Looking to upgrade Humminbird electronics - 01/03/18 12:31 AM

BBG Marine by far! I just recently ordered a Solix 15,12 & 360 from them. Very knowledgeable on the product and all what’s needed for installation
Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

Re: Looking to upgrade Humminbird electronics - 01/03/18 12:42 AM

Originally Posted By: OKNitro
I'm in the mood to upgrade my sonars to Humminbird Helix 10 and 12 Chirp Mega SI G2N. Who has the best prices?

Before you buy check out Ebay, I just bought a new Helix 10 SI GPS for $829 with no taxes and free shipping.
Posted By: Big Kahuna Fishing

Re: Looking to upgrade Humminbird electronics - 01/03/18 02:47 AM

Originally Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

Before you buy check out Ebay, I just bought a new Helix 10 SI GPS for $829 with no taxes and free shipping.

Was that a gen 1 or gen 2??
From American Legasy ?

Re: Looking to upgrade Humminbird electronics - 01/03/18 03:22 AM

Originally Posted By: Big Kahuna Fishing

Was that a gen 1 or gen 2??
From American Legasy ?

Gen 1-2 are Lowrance, this was a humminbird Helix.
Posted By: Frank the Tank

Re: Looking to upgrade Humminbird electronics - 01/03/18 03:30 AM

Helix has Gen1 and Gen 2 as well (G2N)

Re: Looking to upgrade Humminbird electronics - 01/03/18 03:31 AM

You can get a brand new Gen 1 Helix 10 SI for about $800 all over the interwebs

Re: Looking to upgrade Humminbird electronics - 01/03/18 03:41 AM

Originally Posted By: Frank the Tank

Really, post a Humminbird Helix SI that says Gen 1 or Gen 2. There is no such thing. And you won't find a Humminbird Helix 10 SI GPS for less than what I paid for it.

Re: Looking to upgrade Humminbird electronics - 01/03/18 03:59 AM

Ok, the G2N does stand for generation 2 networking, my apologies. There was not one labeled G1 . Still stand by claim that you won't find one less than what I paid which is $829 for a Helix 10SI GPS. If you do you should by it.
Posted By: Captain Chunk

Re: Looking to upgrade Humminbird electronics - 01/03/18 04:00 AM

Really, post a Humminbird Helix SI that says Gen 1 or Gen 2. There is no such thing. And you won't find a Humminbird Helix 10 SI GPS for less than what I paid for it.

“The HELIX second generation (G2) family consists of two screen sizes (5-inch and 7-inch), each one offering the same CHIRPing sonar model options as the G2N. The G2 units are now equipped with AUTOCHART Live, an update over the first generation HELIX models. For the value-conscious angler, three select G2 units”

Source: Humminbird

Re: Looking to upgrade Humminbird electronics - 01/03/18 12:19 PM

Originally Posted By: Captain Chunk

“The HELIX second generation (G2) family consists of two screen sizes (5-inch and 7-inch), each one offering the same CHIRPing sonar model options as the G2N. The G2 units are now equipped with AUTOCHART Live, an update over the first generation HELIX models. For the value-conscious angler, three select G2 units”

Truth be known I am not familiar with Humminbird products, I've only owned Lowrance. Nowhere in the ad for the Helix I bought does it mention Gen1 or 2. Lowrance does. The only reason I went with Humminbird was because I'm going to upgrade to an Ultrex. As usual I didn't research the unit before commenting on it here but none of the Helix units I looked at mentioned a generation, Lowrance does. I did make sure that the transducer that came with the unit was the one I wanted.

Re: Looking to upgrade Humminbird electronics - 01/03/18 12:41 PM

Ok, the G2N does stand for generation 2 networking, my apologies. There was not one labeled G1 . Still stand by claim that you won't find one less than what I paid which is $829 for a Helix 10SI GPS. If you do you should by it.

No big deal bud. thumb you got a good price too. I think BBG Electronics on here does it for the same price. Either way, we the consumer benefit.
Posted By: 44 Diesel

Re: Looking to upgrade Humminbird electronics - 01/03/18 12:45 PM

The gen2 actually have a 5",7",9",10",12" screen sizes
Posted By: Wayne P.

Re: Looking to upgrade Humminbird electronics - 01/03/18 02:07 PM

Originally Posted By: 44 Diesel

The gen2 actually have a 5",7",9",10",12" screen sizes

No, just the Helix 5 and Helix 7 have G2 models. There are G2N Helix 7, Helix 9, Helix 10 and Helix 12.

The difference between the G2 and G2N Helix 7 models is the G2N is networkable and the G2 is not.
Posted By: Wayne P.

Re: Looking to upgrade Humminbird electronics - 01/03/18 02:22 PM

Helix has Gen1 and Gen 2 as well (G2N)

There are no G1 designated Humminbird Helix models. The first generation Helix models don't have G-anything. There was no G1 reference until there was the next generation Helix which are G2 or G2N.
When you see Helix models advertised and they don't have G2 or G2N in their model names, they are the discontinued first generation units.

Same as the Lowrance HDS units, no Gen1 designated models until there was a Gen2 model then the first generation are called Gen1. Lowrance has gone past Gen3 to the HDS Carbon models.
Posted By: Sinkey

Re: Looking to upgrade Humminbird electronics - 01/03/18 04:09 PM

BBG

Talk to Brian.

This!
Posted By: chevelleman

Re: Looking to upgrade Humminbird electronics - 01/03/18 04:40 PM

Yes, talk to Brain at BBG Marine. I just bought a 12" SI G2N, a 10" SI G2N, and a 10" DI G2N all mega units. He gave me great pricing and I saved on shipping and tax. Also I got Precision Sonar to help with all Brackets, great people also.

Re: Looking to upgrade Humminbird electronics - 01/04/18 05:06 PM

Thanks for the recommendations, checked them all out and ended up ordering Helix 12 and Helix 10 from Brian at BBG Marine.
Posted By: jcarring99

Re: Looking to upgrade Humminbird electronics - 01/04/18 06:31 PM

Originally Posted By: Sinkey
BBG

Talk to Brian.

This!

Ditto! They had the best pricing when I bought mine. Easy to deal with and very knowledgeable
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum