Texas Fishing Forum

Spawn on Fork guide suggestions

Posted By: smallblock

Spawn on Fork guide suggestions - 12/26/17 06:20 PM

Wanting to take my dad and little brother to Fork this spring for some spawn LMB fishing. Any suggestions on guides? What would be the best dates to go? I was thinking early April, but i don't know what the pattern is there.
Posted By: Ranger1

Re: Spawn on Fork guide suggestions - 12/26/17 06:55 PM

They start up North early March and then start getting real good first full moon in April from one end of the lake to the other. As for what guide let the search feature be your friend. Most of the better guides on Fork do NOT come on here.
Posted By: Alex Finch

Re: Spawn on Fork guide suggestions - 12/26/17 07:29 PM

Originally Posted By: smallblock
Wanting to take my dad and little brother to Fork this spring for some spawn LMB fishing. Any suggestions on guides? What would be the best dates to go? I was thinking early April, but i don't know what the pattern is there.

If you're looking to sight fish, Richie White. He's dedicated to sight fishing when they're on the beds. Lots of good guides out there. Richie is a good sight fisherman.
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: Spawn on Fork guide suggestions - 12/26/17 08:19 PM

Originally Posted By: Alex Finch
Originally Posted By: smallblock

If you're looking to sight fish, Richie White. He's dedicated to sight fishing when they're on the beds. Lots of good guides out there. Richie is a good sight fisherman.

Richie is a great guide and excels on sight fishing. He will spot them, set up the boat, get the GoPros rolling then instruct you on how to catch her. He also provides a great video of every trip for his clients.

There are lots of great guides on Fork. Most of the really good ones were booked up solid for March & April months ago.

PM me if you want some names.
Posted By: forkduc

Re: Spawn on Fork guide suggestions - 12/27/17 04:56 PM

This is spot on. I would try Zach Hughes
Posted By: Eric Wright, Lake Fork Guide

Re: Spawn on Fork guide suggestions - 12/27/17 05:46 PM

-

last year we started sight fishing late Feb and caught our first fish locked on a bed March 2nd. I have a few days in March/April still open and would love to have you out.

Thanks
Eric Wright 972 757 7947
Posted By: Badbassdad

Re: Spawn on Fork guide suggestions - 12/28/17 02:18 PM

billy lawson
"yourlakeforkguide"
1-903-519-1542
Posted By: Sinkey

Re: Spawn on Fork guide suggestions - 12/28/17 03:36 PM

Eric Wright and Zach Hughes have the best eyes on the lake. If you were going to spend money to sight fish, you need to put it on one of those 2.
Posted By: Little Mustang

Re: Spawn on Fork guide suggestions - 12/28/17 03:39 PM

Eric Wright would be my choice
Posted By: GRUMPS

Re: Spawn on Fork guide suggestions - 12/28/17 05:06 PM

Eric would be my pick. Good trip with him last spring.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum