Texas Fishing Forum

Trailer Repair Houston area

Posted By: JBranham

Trailer Repair Houston area - 12/23/17 04:06 AM

Looking for recommendations on trailer repair service in the Houston area. Will be looking for repair/replacement of axel/spindles, new hubs, fender/paint from a hub bearing blow out. It’s an EZ Loader trailer but can’t really find any dealers in the area.

I’ve located a few places like McClains and South 45 boat and trailer but if anyone has any recommendations I would appreciate it.

Thanks
Posted By: clay65

Re: Trailer Repair Houston area - 12/23/17 04:47 AM

TexAll aluminum trailers in lake conroe area,might be able to help ya.they service all trailers.
Posted By: C130

Re: Trailer Repair Houston area - 12/23/17 02:14 PM

There’s a trailer repair shop in Conroe. I can’t think of the name of it but I bought a hub assembly there last year. They carry a lot of trailer parts, axles, brakes, etc. and do repairs.
Posted By: Phoenix_Ed

Re: Trailer Repair Houston area - 12/23/17 02:26 PM

These guys are west of Tomball on 2920.

http://asaptrailer.com/
Posted By: TallBaldCypress

Re: Trailer Repair Houston area - 12/24/17 12:36 AM

I'd probably try Trailer Wheel and Frame on 45N and Tidwell/Shepherd area.
Posted By: BMCD

Re: Trailer Repair Houston area - 12/24/17 02:07 AM

Trailer wheel and frame.
Posted By: gary purdy

Re: Trailer Repair Houston area - 12/26/17 02:03 PM

McClain Trailers

Boat trailer dealer in Houston, Texas
Posted By: SC-001

Re: Trailer Repair Houston area - 12/26/17 03:37 PM

If its an EZ loader tube trailer they're going to tell you to replace with a new trailer, most of the time EZ loaders are a lost cause...
Posted By: JBranham

Re: Trailer Repair Houston area - 12/27/17 03:41 AM

Kind of my thought as well. Found a place and should have an estimate back tomorrow so we will see what is said. Don’t know at what point but if the cost exceed the value of the trailer then I will be looking for options on a new one from there.

Has anyone here bought a new trailer through Skeeter now that they are making their own? If so how did you go about doing this?

Thanks.
Posted By: SC-001

Re: Trailer Repair Houston area - 12/27/17 03:14 PM

I would probably just call the factory in Kilgore, it will likely cost more than some other after market trailers but will probably last the life of the boat and then some. You might look into some custom trailer builders and compare prices, I'm sure there are several custom trailer builders around Houston, I know there are around DFW.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum