Texas Fishing Forum

Need a new net

Posted By: bayesj

Need a new net - 12/14/17 03:55 PM

My father-in-law and I fish about 12 tournaments a year. I’m tired of extracting hooks from his old twine net, so I want to buy him a new net for Christmas. The only 2 mentioned in a search I did on this forum were the Frabil Hiber net and the E2 slider net. Any input from those of you who are happy with your nets would be appreciated, thank you in advance.
Posted By: Shallow Waters

Re: Need a new net - 12/14/17 04:18 PM

I have the frabil Hibernet and love it. I mount was able to mount it under my seats (behind my legs) using these - http://www.folbe.com/boating-fishing-accessories/net-holders/sof-loc.html - so it is always accessible but also out of the way. The net does take some extra effort to get it open, but it is worth it for a net that is easily out of the way.
Posted By: bassmanrudy

Re: Need a new net - 12/14/17 04:22 PM

Make sure you get the rubber type netting! Very little tangles and your hooks won't get stuck in threading! I can't remember which one I have but it retracts and is sturdy and has a wide scoop area and didn't cost but $50 or so. I'll look tonight and see what make/model it is.
Posted By: bradnitro175

Re: Need a new net - 12/14/17 05:09 PM

I've always wanted to coat one in flex seal and see if it works.
Posted By: SkeeterEater

Re: Need a new net - 12/14/17 06:17 PM

get this one before 2pm=== dicks has 40 percent off till 2pm. this is the net I have and its perfect!

EGO S2 Compact PVC Fishing Net
Posted By: lucky55

Re: Need a new net - 12/14/17 11:29 PM

Ive got the slider with rubber net, does not get hung up and collapsing down is perfect fitting a few different places in the boat.
Posted By: cjbles

Re: Need a new net - 12/15/17 02:00 AM

I like the Cabelas net. Its rubber, strong but collapsable handle to fit in storage when your not using it.
http://www.cabelas.com/product/Cabelas-Custom-Landing-Nets/1571884.uts?slotId=0
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum