Texas Fishing Forum

Gifts for bass fisherman

Posted By: ladyangler125

Gifts for bass fisherman - 12/14/17 04:00 AM

Hi,
I am kind of new at this, but my boyfriend is really into bass fishing and I would like to get him something awesome for Christmas that is fishing related. He has a bass boat (not sure which kind) and loves fishing for bass. Any ideas?
Thanks!
Posted By: LearnedHat

Re: Gifts for bass fisherman - 12/14/17 04:06 AM

A Tatula SV TWS 103XS

Re: Gifts for bass fisherman - 12/14/17 04:16 AM

Thanks so much. I'll look into that baitcaster!
Posted By: dk2429

Re: Gifts for bass fisherman - 12/14/17 04:49 AM

Originally Posted By: ladyangler125
Thanks so much. I'll look into that baitcaster!

Nahhhh get him a 13 Concept C!
Posted By: northdallasfisherman

Re: Gifts for bass fisherman - 12/14/17 04:52 AM

Keep this in mind. You have no idea what he likes when it comes to fishing. You will think you got him something he likes but you didn’t. He’s not going to tell you so you don’t get your feelings hurt, but it will never get used. So it’s wasted. It’s best just to buy him a gift card to either tackle warehouse,bass pro or cabelas. That way he can get what he wants or neeeds. My wife loves makeup and purses so I just get her a gift card to Nordstrom instead of trying to figure it out. Just sayin that’s all
Posted By: Donald Harper

Re: Gifts for bass fisherman - 12/14/17 05:32 AM

I have completed 4 mapping jobs for girlfriends and wives this Christmas. It makes a really nice gift to have 20 of the best spots on the lake and makes for a unique present. If interested just send me a PM and we will discuss it.
Posted By: Ian Fellenbaum

Re: Gifts for bass fisherman - 12/14/17 06:30 AM

Take a peak into his tackle box or boat and see what kind of baits he likes, you can never have to much tackle.
Posted By: johnathonmharding

Re: Gifts for bass fisherman - 12/14/17 06:59 AM

Tacklewarehouse giftcard!
Posted By: goodman1389

Re: Gifts for bass fisherman - 12/14/17 10:49 AM

Originally Posted By: Donald Harper
I have completed 4 mapping jobs for girlfriends and wives this Christmas. It makes a really nice gift to have 20 of the best spots on the lake and makes for a unique present. If interested just send me a PM and we will discuss it.

This would make a great gift! Anyone can buy tackle or reels. If he has a favorite lake, Donald will help put a lot more fish in his boat. Or TW gift card.
Posted By: Okie Poke

Re: Gifts for bass fisherman - 12/14/17 12:44 PM

Originally Posted By: johnathonmharding
Tacklewarehouse giftcard!

Bingo!
Posted By: gut hooked

Re: Gifts for bass fisherman - 12/14/17 12:46 PM

Gift card is always a good idea....or depending on money, a guided trip to a good lake also works
Posted By: bush hog

Re: Gifts for bass fisherman - 12/14/17 01:05 PM

I have to agree....go with a gift card. Would you want him to pick you out a dress? roflmao
Posted By: Jpurdue

Re: Gifts for bass fisherman - 12/14/17 01:39 PM

I'd be careful with rods and reels. They are expensive and a lot of serious fisherman are very particular. A guide trip is an awesome gift.
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: Gifts for bass fisherman - 12/14/17 01:45 PM

Originally Posted By: Jpurdue
I'd be careful with rods and reels. They are expensive and a lot of serious fisherman are very particular. A guide trip is an awesome gift.

Agreed! He will learn more from one day with a good guide than a year by himself.

Re: Gifts for bass fisherman - 12/14/17 01:57 PM

Originally Posted By: bush hog
I have to agree....go with a gift card. Would you want him to pick you out a dress? roflmao

I just said the Daiwa reel because I thought it may be my wife that just registered to get ideas --- it's surely the wife or girlfriend of somebody on here.
Posted By: dk2429

Re: Gifts for bass fisherman - 12/14/17 02:39 PM

Yeah. I change my answer.. didn't even think about a gift card.. get him that so he can get what he wants
Posted By: gut hooked

Re: Gifts for bass fisherman - 12/14/17 03:17 PM

Originally Posted By: LearnedHat
Originally Posted By: bush hog

I just said the Daiwa reel because I thought it may be my wife that just registered to get ideas --- it's surely the wife or girlfriend of somebody on here.

Bwahahahahaha........well played
Posted By: rj74955

Re: Gifts for bass fisherman - 12/14/17 03:22 PM

Buying something fishing related will make you an enabler. Intervention perhaps?

Re: Gifts for bass fisherman - 12/14/17 04:33 PM

Originally Posted By: rj74955
Buying something fishing related will make you an enabler. Intervention perhaps?

Haha!
Posted By: RJACK81

Re: Gifts for bass fisherman - 12/14/17 04:49 PM

A Tatula SV TWS 103XS

Here is the best price I've found for the Tatula. Forward this link to your wife as a hint.

https://www.americanlegacyfishing.com/daiwa-tatula-sv-tws-casting-reels.html
Posted By: mopps

Re: Gifts for bass fisherman - 12/14/17 05:03 PM

thats a good deal i may pick that up for myself for christmas
Posted By: RO519

Re: Gifts for bass fisherman - 12/14/17 05:09 PM

Originally Posted By: northdallasfisherman
Keep this in mind. You have no idea what he likes when it comes to fishing. You will think you got him something he likes but you didn’t. He’s not going to tell you so you don’t get your feelings hurt, but it will never get used. So it’s wasted. It’s best just to buy him a gift card to either tackle warehouse,bass pro or cabelas. That way he can get what he wants or neeeds. My wife loves makeup and purses so I just get her a gift card to Nordstrom instead of trying to figure it out. Just sayin that’s all

Truer words have never been on a meme before...

Posted By: T Bird

Re: Gifts for bass fisherman - 12/14/17 05:26 PM

Lady pick'in out her man's fish'in gear is like him pick'in out her wedding ring. breakdance
Posted By: senko9S

Re: Gifts for bass fisherman - 12/14/17 06:23 PM

check out some of the higher end button up fishing shirts from Columbia, huk, under armour etc.
Posted By: reeltexan

Re: Gifts for bass fisherman - 12/14/17 07:21 PM

Tackle Warehouse just marked the Lew's Pro BB1 down to $134.99.
That's a steal.
Posted By: coachfish

Re: Gifts for bass fisherman - 12/14/17 07:34 PM

I was one that got Mr. Harper's mapping service as a gift for Christmas. I am amazed by the product. Money well spent. Should strongly consider it.
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: Gifts for bass fisherman - 12/14/17 10:45 PM

Returned your PM.
Posted By: SAKS

Re: Gifts for bass fisherman - 12/14/17 11:07 PM

You could find a guide on a lake he has never fished but wanted to. Should be pretty easy on the forum.
Posted By: lucky55

Re: Gifts for bass fisherman - 12/14/17 11:37 PM

Originally Posted By: Donald Harper

thumb
Posted By: dawdallas

Re: Gifts for bass fisherman - 12/15/17 12:23 AM

Anything Yeti he will like. I would
Posted By: TX Strampion

Re: Gifts for bass fisherman - 12/15/17 12:30 AM

Brilliant! And just in case it's my wife...

I think this would be a nice gift.
[img]http://texasfishingforum.com/forums/pics..._26461443028387[/img]

Re: Gifts for bass fisherman - 12/15/17 12:35 AM

Originally Posted By: TX Strampion

Brilliant! And just in case it's my wife...

I think this would be a nice gift.
[img]http://texasfishingforum.com/forums/pics..._26461443028387[/img]

The fact that my wife will be using "our" money sort of acted as a governor on my suggestion
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Gifts for bass fisherman - 12/15/17 01:45 AM

Trust me.....get the angler a gift card. I have family members with good intentions, that for years would buy me "Shimano"' spinning reels from Walmart, ugly sticks, etc. through years of subtle hints, I have them trained to give me gift cards..... ow if I can train them to NOT give me Bass Pro cards (the place is a rip off) it would be PERFECT.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum